Other patterns I've tied the "Gamechanger"

Ben Hall

These patterns are known as a "Gamechanger". They are very time consuming to tie but so worth it. As for flies I don't think there's many patterns that look and swim as close to the real thing as a Gamechanger. Most in pictures are the 5 inch size with one being 6 inch.

If you haven't seen this pattern they will blow you mind, and for me a must have in your box.

IMG_20210321_170047_822.jpg

IMG_20200830_181719_216.jpg

IMG_20200830_181719_217.jpg

IMG_20200929_164735_368.jpg

20210205_084633.jpg

• Like 8

Hey Kingie chaser

The main target for these flies for me is Jewfish. I would also cast them for big Flathead over the flats. I learnt the pattern from Chris Adams from Ammo Flies who has some unreal videos of the fly underwater.

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, flycamp said:

Seriously impressive flies. How long have you been tying for Ben? I’d like to get started and interested in the learning curve. 

Cheers. 

Took up tying about 2 years ago in the first of the covid lockdowns.

There's a couple of suppliers that I buy my materials from that also make videos that can help you tie some of the different patterns, so look up Beastbrushes.com or BWC flies.

I wouldn't start with the likes of a Gamechanger, the first fly most start with is a Clouser. 

Just want to let you know it can be highly addictive especially when you start catching fishing on flies you've tied yourself.

Just now, big Neil said:

How long are those flies in the pictures Ben and what size rod/line do you use? bn

Most are 5 inches long and one is 6 inch. For me you could cast the 5 inch on a 8wt but I'm normally fishing for Jewfish with these flies so I fish them on my 10wt outfit.

Cheers

• Thanks 1