Second Screen Fish Finder

Rummers

G’day all, 

i am just after some tech help/ideas/experience.

I currently have a Lowrance HDS7 Carbon. 
my issue is that it is a small screen and when halved with maps it is hard to see the sounder well. Has anybody experience on linking a tablet or similar as a second screen for the sounder to use the hds7 as maps (or vice versa)? 

I know I can screen mirror through the Link app. 

or am I better off buying a second unit to use as a sounder? 

Cheers.

Rummers

Anything after a Gen 2 can share the Map/chart.  Gen 1 will share everything BUT the chart. Use NMEA2000... AND... ethernet.  Can also link it to a Simrad NSS Evo2 or better.

I have a HDS7 Gen-1 linked to a NSS-Evo-2 and all I dont get is the chart sharing.

You may pick up a Gen2/Evo2 at a reasonable price by shopping around.

I use the Link app to mirror my main sounder (Elite Ti 9) which is mounted on the side console to an iPad whenever fishing deeper water where I care about structure or bait - I can place the iPad on the casting deck and it works well for me. If you do this, its worth attaching a power pack to the iPad as I found I can only get about 2 hours before it goes flat with it permanently on and brightness turned up. 

I also have a separate smaller sounder on the casting deck with the transducer mounted on the electric motor - its purpose is to give me water depth when fishing on flats where it can sometimes be hard to guage water depth when its gin clear!!

I find this set up works for me and gives me good options for shallows and deeper water. If you already have a tablet, then Link is  a no cost option to try it and see how it works for you.

steve

steve

• Like 1