Pandemic hobby - making your own soft plastics

mrsswordfisherman

19 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

No fishing due to weather means make more lures for swordie.

White with black fleck, motor oil, fluoro pink and yellow, olive glitter. 
Nice work @swordfisherman

72081BA7-0AD9-4CDC-9C9F-3A0C027C6B5D.jpeg

They look absolutely superb. No self-respecting fish is going to ignore these soft plastics. It's often hard to believe how well they work until you see them in the water...THEN you realise their potential. bn

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Swordie is back on the soft plastic lure making activity.

The 5 inch jerk shad is in heavy production because they work. Jews, kings and flathead they all just smash them!

Even the neighbour’s cat thinks they are fish! This cat sits in the boats and watches Swordie work and muck around in the garage. 

8CC29D93-31C2-481E-A4A0-38163478B810.jpeg

7229E6CA-5143-4B0C-8222-943D6805F128.jpeg

• Like 3

I got another idea for you to work on Stewy. Stage 2... make the jigheads in various sizes. That should keep you busy till the rain clears up next year.

What do you reckon? Ever considered making spinnerbaits?

bn

Edited by big Neil

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

I got another idea for you to work on Stewy. Stage 2... make the jigheads in various sizes. That should keep you busy till the rain clears up next year.

bn

Plenty of supplies and tools on the market if you look @big Neil!

Come to think of it, with your artistic talents and the flooded rivers, it might well be something you could take up😎

1 minute ago, Little_Flatty said:

Plenty of supplies and tools on the market if you look @big Neil!

Come to think of it, with your artistic talents and the flooded rivers, it might well be something you could take up😎

I get my spinnerbaits from a friend in Wagga Wagga. Quality product that work and only $12 custom made. No shortage of lures in my tackle boxes LOL. I have a friend who's just embarking on the road to chasing Murray Cod on lures. I'm going to give him some of my excess stock, in the hope that we will be able to use them one day. 8 months of flooding and no sign that is going to change in the near future either. Looking at the weather forecasts for the next few weeks, it seems unlikely that I will be able to drive to Sydney in December, as I planned to do. Will have to wait and see??

You're up early LF...going fishing? bn

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big Neil said:

You're up early LF...going fishing? bn

I only wish I was going fishing Neil, I'm studying for exams! It's the quietest time of the day for me, provided everyone stays in bed! :D 

Will be finished very soon, just got to get through this week, then I can focus purely on work, family, fishing...and all my other hobbies! But it's one very big commitment out of the way!

I wonder if I should take up lure making myself...🤔

6 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

I only wish I was going fishing Neil, I'm studying for exams! It's the quietest time of the day for me, provided everyone stays in bed! :D 

Will be finished very soon, just got to get through this week, then I can focus purely on work, family, fishing...and all my other hobbies! But it's one very big commitment out of the way!

I wonder if I should take up lure making myself...🤔

Good luck with the exams LF. You get out what you put in...you will do well bn

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

bn

He just ordered more jigheads @big Neil

Spinnerbaits - been there done that :). We used to go to Glenbawn and I remember sitting with @Dalucius making them look pretty with coloured skirts etc 

More recently last year here is what swordie made. 

Neil you would be very good at making these lures with your creative skills as Mike suggests. 

spinnerbaits.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

He just ordered more jigheads @big Neil

Spinnerbaits - been there done that :). We used to go to Glenbawn and I remember sitting with @Dalucius making them look pretty with coloured skirts etc 

More recently last year here is what swordie made. 

Neil you would be very good at making these lures with your creative skills as Mike suggests. 

spinnerbaits.jpg

They're beauties Donna and Stewy. Don't need any more hobbies at the moment, too many things I need to do. I'll stick to buying them from my mate. At $12 and custom made as I want them, can't really go wrong Donna. Want to head to Sydney next month but starting to doubt whether I'll be able to...have to wait and see how much more rain we get and if there are any roads open. Fingers crossed, what will be, will be.

bn

• Like 2

• 3 months later...