My Fishing Song šŸ˜‚

Berleyguts

Iā€™m currently decluttering inĀ preparation for when we move house in a few weeks. I was going through my collection of songs and chord charts Iā€™d written down over the years and throwing out the paper copies of the ones Iā€™ve managed to get into electronic format so far.

I found these lyrics I penned to the tune of ā€œAm I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again?ā€ by The Angels. I canā€™t remember when I wrote it but I know I typed it up on my Mumā€™s typewriterā€¦ it must have been the early 80s. I know it was the early 80s because I referredĀ to a Mister Twister.Ā I can vaguely remember singing it around a campfireā€¦ probably at an ANSA convention somewhere. I must have been having trouble catching fish back thenā€¦ not much has changed, I guess!Ā šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

PS. There are some other draft lyrics scribbled around the side. They became a different, country song. Pretty corny. šŸ˜‚

848A35F2-127B-4182-AC5F-A5AD5588C457.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Very talented Baz...your post reminded me of the time my wife and I went on a cruise with P&O. The entertainment crew were nearly all Pommies and at one of the "talent quests" this guy gets up and sings "Am I ever gunna see your face again". Naturally the Aussie audience came back with the standard Aussie reply. The Pommie crew member was dumbfounded and didn't know what to do with the colourful language being sung with much enthusiasm. Actually the guy who sang it won each round and the grand final, the audience had much delight joining in.Ā 

Good luck with your house move too Baz.

Cheers, bn

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Am I ever gonna catch a fish again..........now way getšŸ¤¬Ā šŸ¤¬Ā offĀ :thumbup:

Thats the version I rememberĀ šŸ¤£

Its a pretty apt feeling for some of us atm.

That's the one I remember too!

Selina's @ Coogee Bay Hotel in the 80's . . . . ahhh the memories . .Ā 

Found a live version on Spotify and of course it's in my play list now . . . .

When youngest son heard it for the first time in the car, he looked at me and asked

'are they saying what I think they're saying?'

"yep, that was how it was done at their live shows!" I responded.Ā šŸ¤£Ā šŸ˜‡

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Burger said:

That's the one I remember too!

Selina's @ Coogee Bay Hotel in the 80's . . . . ahhh the memories . .Ā 

Found a live version on Spotify and of course it's in my play list now . . . .

When youngest son heard it for the first time in the car, he looked at me and asked

'are they saying what I think they're saying?'

"yep, that was how it was done at their live shows!" I responded.Ā šŸ¤£Ā šŸ˜‡

@BurgerI was a westy back then so I dont recall ever getting to Selina's, however being from that era I was a bit saddenedĀ to hear this news the other day in the name of progress

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coogee-bay-hotel-iconic-music-venue-selinas-to-close/85c77427-3351-4689-808a-0b683ca7508a

Used to hit places like Revesby roundhouse, Bankstown RSL, Stallions,Ā St.George sailing club & lots I cant remember these daysšŸ˜†

Seeing all the old acts like Rose tattoo, The Angels, Midnight oil, Mental as anything, Spy vs Spy ,Hoodoo Guru's, Hunters & collectors ,The choir boys.............the list goes on.

Good memoriesĀ :thumbup:

Ā 

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 3

@kingie chaserĀ We used to also get out to places like the Dee Why pub, The Antler, various pubs in Balmain, pub at Crows Nest and others Iā€™m not sure I fully remember!

LikeĀ you we saw lots of great Aussie bands, close up and sweaty.

Iā€™ll addĀ Divinyls and Aussie Crawl to your list as a couple more of my faves.

Edited by Burger
  • Like 1