Bait Around Lane Cove

PeterSmith

48 minutes ago, Bryant fish said:

Chicken breast alone or with parmesan or garlic works well and is cheap

I have also been told that Chicken with parmesan cheese works really well for bream, my uncle used to also add pizza base sauce or tomato sauce/ketchup whatever you want to call it. As @Little_Flatty stated bread is a killer bait and is highly underrated as it can not only catch you bream, but I have caught Blackfish, Mullet and whiting on bread. Also if you plan on fish. jetties or land-based structure, look for barnacles and mussels as they supply a ready source of berley and bait.

10 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

I have also been told that Chicken with parmesan cheese works really well for bream, my uncle used to also add pizza base sauce or tomato sauce/ketchup whatever you want to call it.

Sounds like fish also like a chicken parmigiana!!!! 😅

But for bait go to a local servo or shop and just get some prawns or pilchards! Thats all you need👍

P.S Welcome to fishraider!!!!👍

Edited by BigHorse
  • Haha 1

+1 for the servo bait - most of the stuff in tackle stores comes from the same place as the servo stuff - like tweed bait .

As mentioned above you have to be careful of white spot disease on prawns but getting bait like garfish , squid and mullet etc from the supermarket or local fish market is ok . There is a fish market in lane cove plaza - might be worth a look .

You could also lob down to a spot inside the 5km limit and try to trap some poddy mullet or use a bit of squid or sausage mince to catch a few yakkas for bait .

You could also use the bait that time forgot - pudding ! No not Christmas pudding ! It is just a dough mix that you can add all sorts of ingredients to but a few of my favourites were mashed up sardines , cat food  or pecks paste - not a lot , just enough to put some smell into the bait and you want a consistency of bread or pizza base dough which is moulded onto the hook like a blob - 9555b and suicide hooks work well with this bait .

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, thanks for the help.

I went down today and went through a few different service stations till i found one that sold some bait. Bought a bag of pillies and prawns and went down to my local jetty. Caught a few yakkas and decided to chuck a smaller one out live and hooked up to what i thought was a rat king. Turned out to be a 55cm + Sambo!

IMG_4500.jpg

• Like 2