Shimano raider 772 bream spin

BigHorse

Hey raiders, I'm think of purchasing a Shimano raider 772 bream spin for fishing sp at the lake this summer. I have heard good things about this rod and want to get a last idea about what fellow raiders think of it? Can find it for $80 so want to get it before the clearance ends.

Also thinking of spooling it with 6lb shimano kairiki braid. 

Thanks for any advice!!!

Edited by BigHorse
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just get it mate @ $80 how can you go wrong!!

We recently replaced a snapper SP rod with a Raider742 5-8kg which for $99 we thought to be good value and being 2 piece easy to handle.

Good luck & tight lines with whatever you choose

• Like 1

772 or 762 (2 to 4kg and 3-12gm lure rating) - I don't know about a 772 (7 foot 7 inches 2 piece) but if it is the latter I highly rate them. In fact it is a series one of the raider bream 762 which is with the 70cm kingfish in my profile photo

I've been fishing that rod (in the series 1) for over a decade. The shorter butt than some of the trendy ultralights suits me and my downward flicking style (doesn't hit on the meaty part of the forearm). I'm mostly using something else (a touch lighter) these days but will recommend them to most people starting out. I still keep two of them in the car which I use when teaching people soft plastics and other light lures.

I'd match it up with a Shimano 2500 reel or the Daiwa sized equivalent. I personally use them with Shimano PowerPro 4lb or Berkley X5 4lb as they come in white which helps me for visibility when watching the line. I also suggest the Shimano Kairiki in 6lb or J braid 6lb as they are a skinny 6lb.

For $80 you won't go wrong. Just check all the eyes line up and there is no handling damage before accepting it.

If it is the cork version then don't go heavy handed when tightening down the reel seat.

PM me if you have any more questions. What reel were you thinking of?

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 2