After the pandemic restrictions are lifted - where will you fish first?

mrsswordfisherman

It has been a very, very hard couple of years for every person on the planet. We have had fires, floods and of course the Covid-19 pandemic.

In Australia we have gone through a very big "growing up" moment. Restrictions and vaccination to keep us and our families safe and in reasonable health have been the only way to go. If you see a nurse, doctor, paramedic and any other healthcare worker just say a thanks to them or get them a beer or a box of chocolates. 

Social media has been harsh and brought out the worst in some people. I am really pleased to say that fishraiders have behaved in a very responsible and positive way. There has been no aggression on here and that shows that our community is a great one and one I am proud to be a part of. 

Time to thank every single member who has supported the site even though we have been missing fishing reports and boating dreadfully. The stories, articles, posts on your lockdown activities, boat pimping, motor and boat maintenance and the list goes on have really meant a lot to us all. I am looking forward to hugeeeeeee amounts of fishing reports when the time comes. 

Fishraiders helping fishraiders and the tons of guests who view the site is what we are all about. 

It seems we see a light at the end of the restrictions tunnel and it leads to a boat ramp for many I think :fisher:  :1clap:🐟 :fishing1:  :sun: :au:   So what are your hopes post pandemic? Where to fish first??

For swordie and I we hope to have a trip asap to the UK to meet the first grandchild who is 1 year old! We want to resume the fishing trip to the gulf in our caravan that we had to abandon and quickly return to the safety of home in March 2020. We also want to see our daughters one in UK and the other who sends pics of her face with pressure injuries on her cheeks and nose from wearing the PPE as she looks after very sick cancer patients to keep them safe. Hugs and chats over a meal with your kids can't be underestimated!

Fishing - anywhere we can test the pretty 150 plus plastic lures that Swordie has made!!!!! Dying for a nice flathead for dinner really :yahoo:

Over to you guys where will you fish when able?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As always I'm looking forward to getting out to the Hacking or Windang to invest money on fuel,tackle and bait to feed the fishies and come home dropping by at hungry jacks for my dinner.😂😂😂 I love being out there regardless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

I know Zoran wants to go fishing. He must be really itching to go fishing, as he keeps talking about his plastic bonito. 🤣

🤣 bahaha. Yes Dave we have postponed several planned  offshore sessions that I’m confident will get promptly rescheduled. I’m also confident plastics will be involved and the bonito will get an outing if the capt’n is given any lip onboard BARRYCUDA. 

Cheers Zoran 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Work doesn’t know it yet but I will be taking a day off and going for a fish up the Hawkesbury then a trip out to Narrabeen for a beach fish on the weekend . 
I don’t see us being allowed to travel interstate any time soon so I’m looking at fishing the spots in NSW that I have never been to - a week or two away to Yamba or Eden would be nice 😀

• Like 2

Great topic @mrsswordfisherman, my family owns a caravan down at Sussex Inlet and we used to go down every holidays and multiple weekends if sports permitted. We love fish the inlet itself and St Georges Basin. We also fish berrara, sussex beaches along with cudmirrah beach and rocks. We were devastated that we could get down last holidays as the fishing of the rocks and beach had been its best for many years, we caught tailor, salmon, trevally, flathead, bream, drummer, squid, lobster, abalone and much much more!! The lagoon at berrara also produces whiting and flathead near the mouth in the 'holes' of deep water. Further up the river we get flathead, whiting, blackfish and bream. Someone even caught a Bass their last year so I was looking forward to trying to paddle upstream of the kayak. If your paddled up far enough their was an oyster rack!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, motiondave said:

No interstate travel means it will be a zoo at the ramps. Bloke I know lives hacking area, and all the ramps were overflowing yesterday, I'd hate to see it today. 

After I came in at Yowie Bay yesterday their was a line of about 20 cars with HUGEEE boats waiting to come in. Where lucky we got out when we did.....

• Like 2

When restrictions are lifted ill be taking a week off. 

First trip will be either Northern Beaches reef bash or Bellambi. Then maybe go wide for a early season Marlin ? That would be first week of december.

@zmk1962and @Yowie how about you fellas jump onboard with me for the day and i will be the referee on bait vs plastics challenge !

• Like 3

Got quite a few trips that have been pushed back for the last couple years.

A few mates want to go down to dog fence beach in south Australia for a week of madness and to also crack that 130cm jew. one of my mates dad use to go down there and constantly pull out cracker Jews and bronzies.

Also keen for a trip to yamba for longies and kings, and comarong island for jews, salmon around Easter time.

Other than that I'm hoping lockdown eases by late October early November just in time for kings & Bonnies to surge into the bay & particularly the hacking.

In the mean time I have been fishing along the George's for mixes results. bought a bunch of 5-6in plastics to flick for jews along various banks and holes off the kayak in the coming few weeks. Keep you all posted on that, first time using plastics and I'm going straight for jews 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

When restrictions are lifted ill be taking a week off. 

First trip will be either Northern Beaches reef bash or Bellambi. Then maybe go wide for a early season Marlin ? That would be first week of december.

@zmk1962and @Yowie how about you fellas jump onboard with me for the day and i will be the referee on bait vs plastics challenge !

Mate I’m up for it … but only after I have given BARRYCUDA a few runs - he misses the water big time too !!

cheers Zoran 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

😭😭😭😭 i dont know how much longer i can wait. Argh

Think most of us are in the same boat (bit or irony there). I’m itching for a wide trip ASAP to blow out the land locked cobwebs  - that’s what @Yowie @Pickles and I have previously  discussed. Then lotsa trips to barrenjoey wide to restock on flatties 😋😋😋… there’s even the possibility that the Swordies will be on one of those trips and I’m hoping Maria will be recovered enough to crew. 
But I’ll definitely fit a trip on the YF …. So much to look forward to. 
cheers Zoran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whatever bass water I can get to. I’ll be socially distancing by choice, quiet creek, hopefully not see a soul, don’t even mind if I catch a fish.

My focus will be getting away from high density living and out into some space with a view where I can breathe some fresh air and start to feel normal again

Edited by lastworm
  • Like 2

Assuming a status quo with Covid, I will continue with the aborted trip to Sydney to catch up with Pickles, FrankS, DerekD and some of his friends, possibly even Swordie and Donna? Species I have more work to do with include Kingfish, Flatties, Blackfish, Squid, Australian Bass, Bream, Trevally and Mangrove Jacks. Also have unfinished business further North with dirvin21 suggesting a 3 rivers in 3 days excursion. Also want to catch up with Hoods, who is in the same area. All of that is just finishing off things which have been started and interrupted. Of course I love my fishing for Murray Cod and Australian native species, so that will be the backbone of any plans. Naturally that will occur AFTER Dec 1st when the Cod season opens again. Meantime, I shall be working on a reduction of the local Carp populations and a bit of Yellowbelly fishing too. So much to do, let's hope we all get back to fulfilling some of our wish lists in the not too distant future.

To me, being somewhat isolated by where I live, it's as much about catching up with Raiders, as it is about the fishing. I look forward, with anticipation, to being able to travel again. BRING IT ON!

bn

• Like 2