After the pandemic restrictions are lifted - where will you fish first?

mrsswordfisherman

Hey @mrsswordfisherman Donna… I was having another read of all the great plans and it occurred to me that the title was “After the Pandemic - where will you fish first” ….. I really hope you meant to say “After the lockdown -…..“ 

The pandemic will be around for some time sadly …. I’m confident to make it to end of lockdown without a 🎣 but not so much to end of pandemic. ☹️

cheers Zoran 

• Like 2

I have two offshore charter trips booked for November, chasing kingfish. These are both replacements for trips I had booked in August and early September - both cancelled of course. I’m hoping November will be on - maybe only for the vaccinated or with reduced numbers or mask restrictions applying.

• Like 1

Was meant to be heading to Vanderlin island on the 20th of this month. Haven't managed a trip away for a few years due to fires and border restrictions but hope to get a Wooli or Lady Musgrave trip in when things open back up. Im a bit hesitant on the run offshore to Musgrave with the little boat given the appalling conditions Ive returned in each trip in the past but still willing to give it a crack!!!

9 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Hey @mrsswordfisherman Donna… I was having another read of all the great plans and it occurred to me that the title was “After the Pandemic - where will you fish first” ….. I really hope you meant to say “After the lockdown -…..“ 

The pandemic will be around for some time sadly …. I’m confident to make it to end of lockdown without a 🎣 but not so much to end of pandemic. ☹️

cheers Zoran 

There is an opportunity for a whole thread on the science around pandemic vs epidemic vs endemic🤔

Regional lockdowns will still occur when outbreaks happen. 
Maybe title “ In between lockdowns. - where will you fish first?”

Noooooooooo Zoran noooooooooo 🤣🤣

Reading everyone’s plans has shown us just how much a part of life fishing really is. 
I am really looking forward to the fishing reports. 

• Haha 2

At the start of lockdown I gave my boat a big birthday..

New F70 Tiller steer, Custom underfloor tanks and rearrange the  floor space to suit my swag better.

First trip will be the Hawkes, go through the run in procedure.

Then fishing the Hawkesbury, Anywhere from Dads corner out to pittwater and the reefs..

November hoping to scoot upto Ballina and fish our way back down the coast at various stops!

Can't wait

1 minute ago, yo_jono said:

At the start of lockdown I gave my boat a big birthday..

New F70 Tiller steer, Custom underfloor tanks and rearrange the  floor space to suit my swag better.

First trip will be the Hawkes, go through the run in procedure.

Then fishing the Hawkesbury, Anywhere from Dads corner out to pittwater and the reefs..

November hoping to scoot upto Ballina and fish our way back down the coast at various stops!

Can't wait

Come to think of it.. I really only fish the hawkesbury of a weekday in summer (joys of roster) haha! I need to go and have a look around some new waterways.

• 4 weeks later...

Raiders the time is almost here when restrictions are lifted and we can fish again!

Every day next week (out to Wed) is bad weather in Sydney, rainy and crappy and then the water will be dirty 🤬:ranting2:

Patience is needed 

What are your plans now raiders? Thanks for being model citizens of our community and we will soon have plenty of fishing reports to read :1clap:

• Like 1

• mrsswordfisherman changed the title to After the pandemic restrictions are lifted - where will you fish first?

Sadly @mrsswordfisherman i think us in the hunter might have another week if our numbers continue to go up. Sydney's coming down with its numbers while we are going up. But who are we to complain, the people who lived in sydney have been in lockdown of over 2 months now (i think) but for now let's stay hopeful!🤞

Can't wait for more reports to come out of sydney

Edited by BigHorse
  • Like 1

Have I missed where they are saying the LGA restrictions will be lifted???

I can see a bunch of freedoms around number of ppl in your home, number of ppl exercising etc . . . 

But nothing mentioned about lifting LGA restrictions.

Hoping that will actually get announced, as at the moment I'm 'assuming' it will be the case . . . and I hate assuming. 

• Like 1

I'm planning a trip up to Culburra (still within my LGA) to have a fish with a mate that I used to chase jewfish with and we haven't fished together for about 30 years.

If there's one positive with social media, its that it can help put you in touch with old friends.

I don't care what species we go for, as long as I don't have to wear bloody mask!! Hate those things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burger said:

Have I missed where they are saying the LGA restrictions will be lifted???

I can see a bunch of freedoms around number of ppl in your home, number of ppl exercising etc . . . 

But nothing mentioned about lifting LGA restrictions.

Hoping that will actually get announced, as at the moment I'm 'assuming' it will be the case . . . and I hate assuming. 

Keep watching! This is the start of restrictions being slowly stripped away. 
Stay at home orders will look a little different from Monday.

It’s close, dare to dream 

All quiet on the S/W front, fishing wise, at least. The car will be serviced, Dr's appointments completed for a while and I'll be raring to resume some projects which I have started. HOWEVER, I'm confused by information provided. I want to arrange a trip to MNC but can't manage the trip in one go, I will have to overnight somewhere. Not sure I want to stay somewhere where there are high numbers of cases. Am I even allowed to go to MNC for several consecutive days? I am fully vaccinated. 

What about Sydney, am I able to travel to Sydney and are there restrictions on which suburbs I can visit/stay at?

If anyone can clarify these questions for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to getting back into fishing again, prior to December, when I can be found on the Murrumbidgee River...parts unknown. bn

Projects underway, to be resumed...

1217841324_shark(2).jpg.7e83220c30d0af56cec55be62bcb6e3b.jpg

P1010879rs.thumb.jpg.c2607744665a6f4f85140d5a5eb29976.jpg

IMG_3055rs.thumb.jpg.8b7f4dcbfa661b9b73b2c5a48317cb87.jpg

• Like 3

I am locking this thread because it has turned into interpretations of the rules and restrictions.

The NSW health website is the single source of truth. 
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/easing-covid-19-restrictions/70-percent 

Check this website and you will find a number to call. 

When anything changes that involves recreational/exercise a link will be posted in the main thread.