Port Hacking

Isaac Ct

Hi Raiders,

Once again I persuaded my dad to get up at 4:30 to launch at the crack of dawn at Yowie Bay. Plenty of surface action and chucked a slug for one cast and got bit of by a nice tailor. Great way to lose $20 fast. Head to the usual spot in Gooseberry Bay and started pulling up some small tailor although there were a couple of nice ones amongst them. Got snapped of by a bigger trevally, easy to tell as they just swim laps of the boat; couldn't get the anchor up fast enough and it just went thank you very much and that was that. Pulled up a nice Gurnard and a nice snapper. I wanted to keep the snapper but of course my dad 'accidentally' let go and my dinner plans were ruined. Mind you, I had a very nice dinner and was happy with the result. Ended up with 3 tailor 32-38, 1 gurnard 37 and the trevally and snapper were both 36. All released. Fish were caught on pillies and prawns. 

After I dropped my dad of at the jetty as he had a plasma donation later I decided to head out by myself and managed some more small tarwhine and snapper. Lost something bigger but it didn't feel like a trev so maybe a snapper or Jewie? Got to busy so left right when I ran out of bait.

Cheers, Isaac CT

Resized_20210924_070119_5082.thumb.jpeg.4a66610c678806df6ba86371ed24162f.jpeg

Edited by Isaac Ct
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

A good report young fella. Overall, not a lot of fishing happening with this Covid stuff taking centre stage. Great to see someone getting a few, even better when you're fishing with your Dad. Memories for the future. Keep the reports coming.

Cheers, bn

36 minutes ago, Restyle said:

good session when you run out of bait. Do your burley for fish?

Yes and no, I peel my prawns and that's usually enough along with pilly heads and the bits of body that have the guts. Once I berley and get the fish biting I usually don't keep burleying unless I'm only getting tailor.

24 minutes ago, big Neil said:

A good report young fella. Overall, not a lot of fishing happening with this Covid stuff taking centre stage. Great to see someone getting a few, even better when you're fishing with your Dad. Memories for the future. Keep the reports coming.

Cheers, bn

Cheers mate, I'm fortunate to have the hacking on my doorstep and I will post again on monday as I am planning to go out as the wind is meant to die of quite a lot.

19 hours ago, Yowie said:

A nice feed to be had, and some fish to keep you occupied.

Thanks Yowie, I think I will be keeping the fish next time

19 hours ago, BigHorse said:

Well done isaac, you seem to be getting a few lately well done.👍

Thanks mate

3 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

I bet its nice just getting out on the water.

Looked like a top day for it :thumbup:

Will be out there soon, once we are let out of the cage :whistling:🙂

The water was lovely, no wind at all.