Cranka Crabs

marks1984

I never use my Cranka Crabs in freshwater, but a good mate has caught good carp using a Cranka Crab.  Personally, I just about go broke buying Cranka Crabs replacing the ones that big bream take home to use them for bass or other freshwater fish.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 1:42 PM, dirvin21 said:

I've personally never caught a bass on one, know a few fellas that have, cast up under overhanging trees they'd work

They're really effective for sight casting and catching eel tailed catfish 

thanks mate

Because of this post I've actually been putting a great deal of thought into bass on cranka crabs and I've definetly thought of a couple of limitations 

It would be limited to reaction bite, focused on when bass sit up under trees focused on falling insects in the height of summer, I read an article awhile ago on using spider style plastics to the same effect

The other major limitation is the hooks, tge floating claw hooks are perfect for fish like bream that eat the claws first, and eel tailed cats in the fresh the way they slam and grind the lure the claws catch tgeir blubbery lips, with an implosion feeder like a bass the hooks are likely to miss or not get a good hold especially when you need to put some pressure on the fish

On the flip side a bass on a cranka crab sounds pretty cool, I'm definitely gonna have a crack at it when summer comes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dirvin21 said:

Because of this post I've actually been putting a great deal of thought into bass on cranka crabs and I've definetly thought of a couple of limitations 

It would be limited to reaction bite, focused on when bass sit up under trees focused on falling insects in the height of summer, I read an article awhile ago on using spider style plastics to the same effect

The other major limitation is the hooks, tge floating claw hooks are perfect for fish like bream that eat the claws first, and eel tailed cats in the fresh the way they slam and grind the lure the claws catch tgeir blubbery lips, with an implosion feeder like a bass the hooks are likely to miss or not get a good hold especially when you need to put some pressure on the fish

On the flip side a bass on a cranka crab sounds pretty cool, I'm definitely gonna have a crack at it when summer comes

yeah thank mate i am going to give it a crack as well

• Like 1