Berowra 11 - 12/10/2021

yo_jono

Afternoon All.

Fished Berowra on Monday and Tuesday.

Weather was that annoying nuisance, miserable drizzly rain all day! Didn't stop. I was planning to camp out on the tinny overnight but didn't feel like getting too wet.. So Just went home for the night and back in the morning.

Bait is plentiful in the System, Herring is schooling in most of the bays between Bennets and the ferry (pulling up full strings on a sabiki Jig) after a bit of Berley.

Sat in a few usual spots, But I wasn't watching the tides too much.. Didn't seem to be whole lot of action on the flatties.

Did pull up a few nice Jew, between Legal and 90 (all went back - Only chasing a monster at the moment) All at the top of the tide and start of the runout.

Took a drift whilst I made a coffee and had a bite to eat and pulled up a 68cm Flatty on a livey, And a 43cm Bream on a butterflied bait.

Water seemed to be clearer between Bennets bay and the Ferry than it was further towards barpoint.

Seen alot of herring schools getting chased, What looked like a few sharks on the sounder.

Water was around 18 C, Warming up nicely!

Will head back out Monday after the weekend at work and see what I can muster up, still deciding to stay in Berowra for now or head up the top of the river and get a few flatties.

No photos - I need to remember to get my phone out and take some, Never have really been one to take them.. I will make a mental note for next time.

Cheers

Jono

• Like 12

20 hours ago, Busy-livin said:

Sounds like a dream couple of days!

Thanks mate! Was good to get out, Done alot of work to the tinny over lockdown so good to do some fine tuning!

Should be back out Monday/Tuesday

6 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great report.

Cheers mate! Have never really posted much..

My dislike for Facebook based fishing groups is growing - So I will definately be trying to post a bit more on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2021 at 6:10 PM, yo_jono said:

Afternoon All.

Fished Berowra on Monday and Tuesday.

Weather was that annoying nuisance, miserable drizzly rain all day! Didn't stop. I was planning to camp out on the tinny overnight but didn't feel like getting too wet.. So Just went home for the night and back in the morning.

Bait is plentiful in the System, Herring is schooling in most of the bays between Bennets and the ferry (pulling up full strings on a sabiki Jig) after a bit of Berley.

Sat in a few usual spots, But I wasn't watching the tides too much.. Didn't seem to be whole lot of action on the flatties.

Did pull up a few nice Jew, between Legal and 90 (all went back - Only chasing a monster at the moment) All at the top of the tide and start of the runout.

Took a drift whilst I made a coffee and had a bite to eat and pulled up a 68cm Flatty on a livey, And a 43cm Bream on a butterflied bait.

Water seemed to be clearer between Bennets bay and the Ferry than it was further towards barpoint.

Seen alot of herring schools getting chased, What looked like a few sharks on the sounder.

Water was around 18 C, Warming up nicely!

Will head back out Monday after the weekend at work and see what I can muster up, still deciding to stay in Berowra for now or head up the top of the river and get a few flatties.

No photos - I need to remember to get my phone out and take some, Never have really been one to take them.. I will make a mental note for next time.

Cheers

Jono

Sounds like a great day, I was wondering if you have any tips for targeting jewfish in the Hawkesbury as I’m heading up there this weekend and hoping on having the chance to land my first jewie.

Thanks

15 hours ago, Max_fish said:

Sounds like a great day, I was wondering if you have any tips for targeting jewfish in the Hawkesbury as I’m heading up there this weekend and hoping on having the chance to land my first jewie.

Thanks

Pm sent mate