2 stroke pull start hack

kingie chaser

Hi all, came across this on youtube not long ago & thought I would share.

While this was specific to my model of 25hp seapro I dont see why it wouldnt work with with any manual choke pull start 2 stroke??

At times using the standard starting method I have had to pull the starter cord maybe up to 6 times to get the motor to start, once it starts & warms up it starts with a single pull the rest of the day.

So when I saw this I thought hey why not give it a try.

1st attempt & did it as per the video, connect the fuel line, prime the fuel, pull choke out, remove kill switch lanyard, set the throttle to idle, give it one pull, push the choke back in, re install the lanyard, pull again & whamo she started straight away 😲.

I have been using this method now & the motor starts the very next pull after the 1st priming start every time.......................thats gold 💰

If you have a similar pull start motor then I think its worth a try, would be interesting to hear if it works on other motors.

Fyi, think my motor is a 2010 but still look the same as this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I personally can't see any difference in pulling the starter with the kill switch removed, or the kill switch still on, almost all pull start, 2 stroke, carburettor motors require a similar starting technique, prime bulb, set throttle to "start" position, pull/turn choke, pull cord until it "coughs" push in choke and pull cord again.