Port Stephens- Last report for the week! 😂

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Ok, I promise that this is the last report for this week! 😂

I caught up with @back cruncher yesterday and his nephew. We hit the island and the signs were looking good when I landed one early but unfortunately there wasn’t much more action after that expect for a pannie each due to a lack of current! 

D1B00FB9-2331-4127-A36C-27B999253163.thumb.png.ac8c8db3e590d06ba933772d3942a08d.png

TODAY: 

My son begged me to take him and his mate out fishing. This would make it the third day in a row that I’m out there! 😩

Anyway, a plan was hatched and we hit the water by 445. I don’t normally fish weekends (too busy) and I was right. Well, we hit the island and did a couple of drifts for zeros! Moved spots and the same result with very little current, wind, bait and a full moon.  I had my suspicions that this would happen so I had a plan. 
We moved out to my flatty spot and gave them a couple of hours winding up and down in the depths and it provided to be a winner. 
The kids had a great time, cleaned the boat and gear down, whilst I filleted and made lunch. Home by 10am! Perfect 👍 

Thanks for reading, 

cheers scratchie!!! 

5691DC5D-AFB6-4A32-8361-E4E8F716D4B6.thumb.jpeg.5d3ed62310633739d3482b22ffab26bf.jpeg

F0D936F0-6582-4F12-B46B-92AB45263CBB.thumb.png.23437c71f72574f62ede9cead56c0ed2.png

8FB056D9-8693-4DA3-850B-00B02E3754E1.thumb.jpeg.41dc3600bec2909edb36896373e71c62.jpeg

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, jenno64 said:

The magi keeps happening 👌

Hahahhahaha thanks Rob! Easier to catch when you have a line in the water. 

3 minutes ago, 61 crusher said:

Nice mixed bag & the plate of battered flatty fillets looks great, did well on the flounder to yum😎

Cheers mate! From catch to plate in about an hour. Doesn’t get better 🤙

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

My son begged me to take him and his mate out fishing. This would make it the third day in a row that I’m out there! 😩

F0D936F0-6582-4F12-B46B-92AB45263CBB.thumb.png.23437c71f72574f62ede9cead56c0ed2.png

8FB056D9-8693-4DA3-850B-00B02E3754E1.thumb.jpeg.41dc3600bec2909edb36896373e71c62.jpeg

1612582558_Violingiphy(1).gif.b395433b0be6452a3e94edddd136715b.gif

😂🤣😂

Another hard to take day for you Jeff, looks like a mill pond day, the suns out & you have to go fishing...................again ✌️

Thats a great looking batter there to :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Restyle said:

Boat has been working hard this week.
great feed of flatties and snapper as well

Cheers mate! The boat works hard every week! Lol 😝 They aren’t a driveway ornament. 

4 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

1612582558_Violingiphy(1).gif.b395433b0be6452a3e94edddd136715b.gif

😂🤣😂

Another hard to take day for you Jeff, looks like a mill pond day, the suns out & you have to go fishing...................again ✌️

Thats a great looking batter there to :thumbup:

Hahahaha thanks KC. 
It actually was a bit of a struggle this morning but I still woke up an hour before the alarm 😂

That batter is the go to recipe of Kristy Worsteling (ifish). I asked her a couple of weeks ago and it’s the best I’ve ever made 😋 

• Like 1

A nice mixed bag there, good lot of feeds again.

Tried Bate Bay yesterday, and the current was punching south at a rate of knots. Faster drift than I have seen for a long time. Only a couple of flatties, and a bloody mowie, which was sent back.   🤪

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Cheers mate! The boat works hard every week! Lol 😝 They aren’t a driveway ornament. 

Hahahaha thanks KC. 
It actually was a bit of a struggle this morning but I still woke up an hour before the alarm 😂

That batter is the go to recipe of Kristy Worsteling (ifish). I asked her a couple of weeks ago and it’s the best I’ve ever made 😋 

You know me Jeff, always the kidder 😛

But you absolutely have to have some "match fitness" with fishing or anything physical really & even more so if your going to be doing a few days in a row!

I recently did a 2 day a week over 4 weeks stint helping my company out during lockdown out of my normal role working with security & really didnt know how much they did but after working 2 x 12 hour days walking on average 33000 steps a day & not doing anything for 3 months because of lockdown after the 1st 2 days I couldnt walk!

I recon going deepsea fishing for half that time can be even harder & more physical in the rough!  

Edited by kingie chaser

38 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

You know me Jeff, always the kidder 😛

But you absolutely have to have some "match fitness" with fishing or anything physical really & even more so if your going to be doing a few days in a row!

I recently did a 2 day a week over 4 weeks stint helping my company out during lockdown out of my normal role working with security & really didnt know how much they did but after working 2 x 12 hour days walking on average 33000 steps a day & not doing anything for 3 months because of lockdown after the 1st 2 days I couldnt walk!

I recon going deepsea fishing for half that time can be even harder & more physical in the rough!  

Adrian, fishing for me is just a way of life. I’m used to the early mornings being a baker. But my passion for fishing surpasses any physical barrier. The day I don’t feel like getting up to go fishing then I’ll give it away! 
I’ve fishing 6 of the last 8 days because it was possible for me. And I woke up before the alarm on every occasion! The only thing that beats me up is the weather but even it has to take a break now and then! 🤙

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Hahahaha thanks KC. 

Post the recipe in The Kitchen :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pickles said:

What-  only one snapper Jeff (looks like a very nice fish). What a great day and back for lunch, doesn’t get much better than spending time teaching the boys how to hunt and gather for the mob.

Thanks Bob. We actually got 3 snapper in total but only one decent one (almost 70). 
With a lack of current the snapper will disappear and unfortunately the island was at a stand still. 
Finding a feed off the bottom up here is relatively pretty easy. But your right, teaching the kids how to do it will serve them well. 

8 hours ago, Rebel said:

It is great to be out with the Kids.

Great report as usual & well done.

Thanks rebel. Love fishing with my kids. 

6 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Nice fish mate, some tasty meals coming up! Mildly jealous. My dads car broke down so we can't take the boat out😔

Cheers mate! Sorry to hear that. I’m he’ll get it fixed soon enough and you’ll be back out there in no time