Stolen fish - Hills area

slothparade

Sorry if this is the wrong plae, I just thought people should be warned.

On saturday night, 30/10/21, my small fish pond was mostly drained and the fish were stolen. I had just topped it up, its a few 100 L and when I saw it in the moring it only had about 50 L left and a couple of fish were left, I had a lot. I recomend that if you can, move your pond to the back. Litterally no one knew about this pond and its surrounded by bushes, so I have no idea how anyone would have known or be interested in stealing them, theyre just little mosquito fish. Also, the pond definately doesnt leak, I filled it up yesterday and its still full today. 

Hope this bugger doesn't strike again or is caught. Goodluck and hopefully no one is next.

Well lets just hope whoever took them does not release them into any waterway. Not the type of fish needed for Australia.

Frank

Edited by frankS
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 6:53 AM, Yowie said:

Cormorants also invade even small ponds to grab fish. They fly overhead, see a pond and will have a swim about. Does not happen often though.

would be almost suicide for a bird to try and land in this. plants all around it plus there were floating plants

On 12/1/2021 at 5:47 AM, jordy said:

Not sure about water level diminishing but had regular fish missing from my pond kept replacing and kept going. Staked it out one afternoon and found the old bin chickens the culprits in my back yard as well.

never had any of them around. got eagles

• Like 1