Shroom and Swordie go squidding - When your Squid Game is A+

mrsswordfisherman

Good video of you two clowning around and annoying the squid. You have more tackle than my local a shop store. What's with the UV light thing? What does that do?

Lessons learned from the video... Change colours to what Stewy is using. Apply copious amounts of the Egi scent. Get to fishing venue before everyone else.

I thought you might have tried a few of your soft plastics Stewy. Bet they would work, though not as well as your squid jig.

Thanks for the entertaining video, bn

You two having a good laugh while catching a nice handful of nice bait sized calis.

7 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Nice, the squid are firing. Or is it just pure skill😉.

Squid do seem to be firing, been bagging out in 20 mins at yowie wharf the past 3 days on 1.8 yamis.

You Don't need scent I find it rather useless, squid are very agressive.

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

Good video of you two clowning around and annoying the squid. You have more tackle than my local a shop store. What's with the UV light thing? What does that do?

Some jigs glow in the dark, which helps attract squid during the night/evening. During the day you use jigs with foil on them and let the sun do the work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

Might come join you tonight

Might head over there after 11. there will be a few people there. My weekend squidding spot is Cronulla ferry wharf. Not as many there but its a pretty chill spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restyle said:

Might head over there after 11. there will be a few people there. My weekend squidding spot is Cronulla ferry wharf. Not as many there but its a pretty chill spot.

I probably won't go that late, parents won't approve🤣

7 hours ago, Restyle said:

tried at gunnamatta bay next to the baths and managed to catch 1 small calamari....didn't know you could get them off the ferry wharf though

45 minutes ago, SaltyGreek said:

tried at gunnamatta bay next to the baths and managed to catch 1 small calamari....didn't know you could get them off the ferry wharf though

yeah, pretty hit and miss though, some days i bag out, some days i get none. Only got one there tonight, which I'm ok with as I spent most of my time throwing out unweighted strip baits for 30 odd cm bream for abit of fun & also some bread under a float for some mullet which will be used tomorrow when i try for bulls 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Foil? How is that attached? Throw a pic up😀

l.thumb.jpg.27ab2d22334d569b2107000c0e0125ea.jpg

Top right jigs are foil (eg pink bottom one)
Best used during the day or under a light on a jetty at night to bring lurking squid in.

Top left have a reflective mesh with a glow in the dark body (top jig you can see the underbody)
These jigs are good for just about all occasions, day, night. 

and bottom jigs are glow jigs and do best in the dark.
Night time use for best results but can be used during the day if the reflective jigs don't produce.

The foils glued on along with whatever layers may sit ontop of the foil. There is sometimes a mesh that goes over the foil to give it abit more protection, the rest of the jigs on the top row have this mesh.
Squid  (usually big calamari) make short work of jigs and can rip some pretty good holes in them.

Brands are all personal preference. the jigs listed are yamishitas besides the pink one on the top right group of jigs which is a jig from macs bait bar which are also really good jigs.

Edited by Restyle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Restyle said:

l.thumb.jpg.27ab2d22334d569b2107000c0e0125ea.jpg

Top right jigs are foil (eg pink bottom one)
Best used during the day or under a light on a jetty at night to bring lurking squid in.

Top left have a reflective mesh with a glow in the dark body (top jig you can see the underbody)
These jigs are good for just about all occasions, day, night. 

and bottom jigs are glow jigs and do best in the dark.
Night time use for best results but can be used during the day if the reflective jigs don't produce.

The foils glued on along with whatever layers may sit ontop of the foil. There is sometimes a mesh that goes over the foil to give it abit more protection, the rest of the jigs on the top row have this mesh.
Squid  (usually big calamari) make short work of jigs and can rip some pretty good holes in them.

Brands are all personal preference. the jigs listed are yamishitas besides the pink one on the top right group of jigs which is a jig from macs bait bar which are also really good jigs.

Thanks I am really glad you explained that. I had visions of you attaching foil!!!

Swordie has every one imaginable plus all the ones that work ;) 

That is a very good post in this thread and thanks for the effort. 

• Like 1