Show us your lure collection

frankS

I like most dedicated fisho's have a pretty decent tackle collection. Thought it would be good to see what some of us have collected over the years.

I would like to start by showing my collection of 13 gram Tassie devils . I do enjoy Trout fishing and especially trolling a tassie with lead core line behind a slow moving boat.

Each time I go trout fishing I like to call into the local tackle shop and support them by buying a couple of lures. 13 gram tassie's is my preferred size.

here is the result.

1719371977_devillures1.thumb.jpg.dead9797a5ce9f00d3477ac59c3a479c.jpg

there is 50 lures in this box above not counting the still packaged lures.

1912256733_devillures2.thumb.jpg.076ff853e8cbdac7fa2eda0a89c7ad6d.jpg

How many in this box ? I haven't counted them.

Time to start selling.

Frank

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, motiondave said:

Impressive stuff DeFranco, I'd be interested in some of those Tassie devils, I'm after a few for bass fishing as I've heard bass will hit them as well. 

I know I have to get over to your place soon, probably Thursday mid morning might be good as I've got day off but have appointment after lunch. 

Any idea what other saltwater fish will take these lures? I have a few lying around and I haven't had the time to travel inland to target some trout.

Thanks

1 minute ago, turtleeater said:

Any idea what other saltwater fish will take these lures? I have a few lying around and I haven't had the time to travel inland to target some trout.

Thanks

get rid of the wire that runs through them and change the treble to something a bit more saltwater suitable, then run a small orange bead between the treble and bottom of the lure. Cast over shallow weedbeds and sandflats and you'll get plenty of flathead if they're around!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, motiondave said:

Impressive stuff DeFranco, I'd be interested in some of those Tassie devils, I'm after a few for bass fishing as I've heard bass will hit them as well. 

I know I have to get over to your place soon, probably Thursday mid morning might be good as I've got day off but have appointment after lunch. 

Dave. To be honest I have never tried them for Bass but I see no reason why they wouldn't work.

I have a few of the larger devils I put aside for the Flathead and I will tell you they are dynamite, haven't tried the smaller 13 gram version but will in the future.

When you visit I will give you a selection of Bass lures and will throw some devils in with them.

I don't use them with trebles ( jag hooks ) I use single short shank hooks of various sizes to suit the fish I am targeting.

Stay tuned for gear for sale thread, coming soon.

Frank

Flathead definitely for Tassies. I was using pink one but a guy at Adaminaby last week said black & gold colours were the preferred colours for them. I would believe it as black & gold lures work well.

Nice collection - I left some of mine in the dam.

• Sad 1

It appears nobody is interested in showing their lure collection?.

Well to keep the subject afloat here is another one of my boxes.

Storm above and JJ's Stump Jumpers bottom.

I have about another 20 Stump jumpers. I like them for both fresh and salt water.

173893513_lurecollection1.thumb.jpg.ce43c367a65dedb9cb0345ada366405f.jpg

Frank

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned somewhere , the old floppy lures had adjustable bibs.

Here are the 3 different positions they can be set at.

floppys.thumb.jpg.379534eb8123453c9c194a4b2aef05f5.jpg

Bit hard to see the bottom one but it's straight down.

Frank

Edited by frankS
  • Like 1