Gday raiders I’m heading up to port Stephens just after chrissy I’m staying in Corlette, I’m towards the mouth so I’ll have to go for a little drive to launch my yak since it might be a tad rough around where I’m staying I’m hoping to crack some PBS for a few species while I’m there I’ve heard these some big whiting that get around in the area. 

I’m hoping to rip into some stonker bass while I’m up that way And was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas on where I could launch and find them in the local systems in the area, I’m not to sure how far down river I’ll have to travel to find the fresh  water so any tips are helpful. 

ive just had a baby so I’ll be on daddy duty till I go away, so I’ll be doing as much research on this system and the surroundings before I head up, feel free to shoot me a message if your up that way and wanna link up for a flick or have any secrets for me about the area 🤫

tight lines 🤙🏽

1 hour ago, SWFisho said:

ive just had a baby so I’ll be on daddy duty till I go away, so I’ll be doing as much research on this system and the surroundings before I head up, feel free to shoot me a message if your up that way and wanna link up for a flick or have any secrets for me about the area 🤫

tight lines 🤙🏽

Congrats.

Searching the forum could be a good place to start 😉

Good luck :thumbup:

Edited by kingie chaser

1 hour ago, SWFisho said:

Gday raiders I’m heading up to port Stephens just after chrissy I’m staying in Corlette, I’m towards the mouth so I’ll have to go for a little drive to launch my yak since it might be a tad rough around where I’m staying I’m hoping to crack some PBS for a few species while I’m there I’ve heard these some big whiting that get around in the area. 

I’m hoping to rip into some stonker bass while I’m up that way And was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas on where I could launch and find them in the local systems in the area, I’m not to sure how far down river I’ll have to travel to find the fresh  water so any tips are helpful. 

tight lines 🤙🏽

You can launch your yak right off the shore at Corlette and chase whiting, flathead and bream with ease. It won’t be rough unless it’s particularly windy. It would be a long paddle UPstream (not down river) to find the fresh water but if you have a look at some maps and Google Earth you should be able to find some access points. I still haven’t chased bass here. I bought a kayak with all intention of doing so, then sold it a year or two later without even putting it in the water… would have been handy for a certain little waterway I heard about! 😂

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Haha 1

As Baz mentioned corlette is a great spot for whiting, bream and flatty. So too is just behind soldiers at Pearson park and of course shoal bay. Drifting around the groins this time of year between the anchorage and bagnalls beach would be worth a shot too. Some big whiting also get on the flats near Taylor’s beach which is another easy launch and paddle. 
Hope that helps! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2021 at 6:24 AM, rickmarlin62 said:

Halfway between alworth and booral there is a natural rockbar that stops the salt goin upstream  you will get bass upstream from that  other creeks that have bass n eps are in sanctuary zones

Thanks for the tip bro I’ve been doing so much research this leads me in the rod direction 👍🏽