Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning up from Lilli Pilli. Was a bit quiet at first, but then a few fish turned up with some burley thrown about. Pellets and prawn heads and shells.

The flounder is not much over the limit, however, ganged hooks were in it's throat and it would not have survived. Kept the one flattie, and I released 2 others, both around the 57/58 cm mark. Nice flatties, but I had enough for a couple of feeds, and they were only lip hooked so back they went. Fish strips were the best baits - squid did nothing and pillies produced 1 of the reddies.

Some small salmon schools buzzing about, couple of hits on a lure but no hookup.

fish.jpeg.330_files_files.jpg

• Like 15

51 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

Nice feed there Yowie, no matter how small flounder are, if there legal they are coming home. Probably the best fish cooked whole in my opinion. Well done as per usual.

Thank you. Nothing wrong with flounder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Nice work Yowie!

No whiting hunt today?

You picked the best day of the week:)

Thank you.

Run out tide so no whiting fishing today. Could see it would be fairly good weather, so had to go fishing. 🤣 

The wife thinks I am mad at waking up at 3am. Like the video posted by Donna from Fisheries, I have been doing the early morning wake-up since I was a youngster. That's about 30 years or so. Well, what about 50 years. Maybe longer?  :074:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Thank you.

Run out tide so no whiting fishing today. Could see it would be fairly good weather, so had to go fishing. 🤣 

The wife thinks I am mad at waking up at 3am. Like the video posted by Donna from Fisheries, I have been doing the early morning wake-up since I was a youngster. That's about 30 years or so. Well, what about 50 years. Maybe longer?  :074:

Now you're lying.Everyone knows youngsters and teenagers wake up at 3pm.😂😂Excellent as always my friend.

44 minutes ago, Larkin said:

nice job on the releases. 👍

good to see your still getting a few reddies up there. You catch those quite early in the morning?

The reddies before and after sunrise.

Will catch the flatties again another day. 🤣 Thought I had hooked a bigger flattie, but turned out to be a shovelnose.

Good stuff Yowie. The written report almost matched the verbal report you gave me word for word ! 

8 hours ago, Yowie said:

I am a fisherman, so I never lie. :074:

…. Yes we rely on the fact the truth can be subjective to our point of view at the time 🤐 …. And …. We make sure to remove all traces of paper wrap 😬

cheers Z

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Good stuff Yowie. The written report almost matched the verbal report you gave me word for word ! 

…. Yes we rely on the fact the truth can be subjective to our point of view at the time 🤐 …. And …. We make sure to remove all traces of paper wrap 😬

cheers Z

Thanks Zoran.

My truthful point of view sometimes is too truthful  i.e.  I have upset a few people. :1taz:

Never any wrapping paper on my fish. :fisher: