Company wanted

Juan-John

Hi there !!!

Is anyone keen to go fishing on weekdays after work, a couple of hours (Between 4pm to 8pm). I bought a tinny 4m with a 30hp, it runs perfect.

I live in Randwick, it could launch on rose bay or botany bay bote ramp. 

I would like to target flathead and bream on lures, soft plastics but Im open to any other idea.

Im from Argentina, where I used to go fishing every time I could. All my experience was in freshwater and of course, different species as well. I came to Australia almost 2 years ago and since then I havent been fishing as much as I would like to. 

So for that reason I got the boat, to be on the water and do what I love.. FISHING ! 

But, of all people I know, no one likes fishing so here I am trying to find like-minded people. 

If someone is Interested just le me know. Cheers !! Juan : 0481 748 056

1464761_10203352581600585_4829519442775036584_n.jpg

14311328_10207477273875314_3070409057661507587_o.jpg

20211119_191106.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Juan and welcome to Australia and Fishraider. What is the big fish in the top photograph called?

I can't help you with your quest to find someone to fish with as I live 7 hours from Sydney. I am sure that you will get somebody to join you...I certainly hope so.

Come on you Sydney guys, here's a great opportunity to go fishing with somebody who is passionate about boat fishing for bread and butter species. Get in touch with Juan.

Cheers, bn

46 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Hi Juan and welcome to Australia and Fishraider. What is the big fish in the top photograph called?

I can't help you with your quest to find someone to fish with as I live 7 hours from Sydney. I am sure that you will get somebody to join you...I certainly hope so.

Come on you Sydney guys, here's a great opportunity to go fishing with somebody who is passionate about boat fishing for bread and butter species. Get in touch with Juan.

Cheers, bn

Hi Neil! Nice to meet you and thanks for that!

That fish is called "golden dorado". If you like to catch murray cod with lures, that fish is for you.  

I read that you live in Griffith is that correct? I lived 2 month there and went to the murrumbidgee a few times (the first thing I checked was if there was a river).  What can I say? I loved it.

Murray cod was the first fish I caught in Australia. At that time I was using cheese but now I would like to give it a go with lures drifting with the boat. Would be a dream! 

The picture was in Darlington point20200923_112235.thumb.jpg.cb6a5a7a1177c6998a0334ac60d4ca5c.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Mate welcome.

I have a boat I am getting ready for fishing and should have it done in a couple of weeks.

I would be pleased to take you out into Botany bay and other places once it is ready to go.

One problem is I am not healthy and take a bit of time to launch and retrieve the boat and your assistance may be required to lend a hand in that department.

The boat and trailer is fitted with drive on/off release clip ( home made ) so it will be a pretty easy job doing it.

Would probably require you to walk up ramp and get the car/trailer and back it down to the water.

409355953_scorpion10.thumb.jpg.c959d500186a028f561c273086ae6e7c.jpg

Frank

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Juan-John said:

Hi Neil! Nice to meet you and thanks for that!

That fish is called "golden dorado". If you like to catch murray cod with lures, that fish is for you.  

I read that you live in Griffith is that correct? I lived 2 month there and went to the murrumbidgee a few times (the first thing I checked was if there was a river).  What can I say? I loved it.

Murray cod was the first fish I caught in Australia. At that time I was using cheese but now I would like to give it a go with lures drifting with the boat. Would be a dream! 

The picture was in Darlington point20200923_112235.thumb.jpg.cb6a5a7a1177c6998a0334ac60d4ca5c.jpg

Thanks for your reply John. I actually live further upstream at Leeton. The place where your chair is now sits under about 4 metres of water. The Murrumbidgee is flooded and unfishable for now. Glad to hear you liked your time out in the Central West, I love it here.

You should arrange to catch up with FrankS, he's a good mate of mine and knows his way round Botany Bay. Kingfish are on in the bay at present.

I will look forward to your reports. bn

• Like 1

Hey mate, I live in the parramatta area but I do head out to the botany area for some landbased action now and then. I dont own a boat but I do have a kayak. Ill be happy to drop you a line next time Im around there, I fish the bread and butter stuff pretty regularly so Im sure I could get you onto a few. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 4:25 PM, Juan-John said:

Hi there !!!

Is anyone keen to go fishing on weekdays after work, a couple of hours (Between 4pm to 8pm). I bought a tinny 4m with a 30hp, it runs perfect.

I live in Randwick, it could launch on rose bay or botany bay bote ramp. 

I would like to target flathead and bream on lures, soft plastics but Im open to any other idea.

Im from Argentina, where I used to go fishing every time I could. All my experience was in freshwater and of course, different species as well. I came to Australia almost 2 years ago and since then I havent been fishing as much as I would like to. 

So for that reason I got the boat, to be on the water and do what I love.. FISHING ! 

But, of all people I know, no one likes fishing so here I am trying to find like-minded people. 

If someone is Interested just le me know. Cheers !! Juan : 0481 748 056

1464761_10203352581600585_4829519442775036584_n.jpg

14311328_10207477273875314_3070409057661507587_o.jpg

20211119_191106.jpg

Hi Juan, welcome to FR.

I live not far from you but I rarely get out in the times your suggesting as I fish midweek mornings & not on weekends due to crowded ramps etc.

Still you never know we might cross paths one day on the water in BBay.

Don't forget about Port Hacking, its worth a look as well from time to time.

On 12/10/2021 at 7:35 AM, frankS said:

Hi Mate welcome.

I have a boat I am getting ready for fishing and should have it done in a couple of weeks.

I would be pleased to take you out into Botany bay and other places once it is ready to go.

One problem is I am not healthy and take a bit of time to launch and retrieve the boat and your assistance may be required to lend a hand in that department.

The boat and trailer is fitted with drive on/off release clip ( home made ) so it will be a pretty easy job doing it.

Would probably require you to walk up ramp and get the car/trailer and back it down to the water.

409355953_scorpion10.thumb.jpg.c959d500186a028f561c273086ae6e7c.jpg

Frank

That will be a great little package when its done Frank!

My offer still stands, just give me a shout when your ready or if I can help in some way let me know 🙂

• Like 1