Cowan Creek Kayak Fishing

GoldenHourFishing

Hi Guys

Looking to take the yak out to somewhere different on Saturday morning. 

Im planning too launch via bobbin head picnic area around 7 30am. Im somewhat new to kayak fishing specifically as I just got my hobie about 2 months ago. Have only taken it out about 3 times and with the weather getting better I figured its sime to put in some serious hours in places Im less familiar with. 

Im predominetly a catch and release angler but I might take some legals home with me this time. 

I also run a humble but growing youtube channel  - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRMY8jyUaZ6_EvUY7Kc6Xtg

Anyway if anyone knows the area and like to chuck a line Id be happy to link up, drop me a message through here and Ill send you my contact details. 

Haven’t fished there for years but you can launch your Kayak in cockle creek at the end of the picnic ground , fish the upstream section of this  then paddle downstream  under the bridge and around to the marina , from there upstream it goes up onto a sand flat and if you keep following the creek there are a few drop offs up there . 
Took a look at your channel and subscribed ! The Trev you caught up the river is a stonker !

Good luck and I hope you get a sh*t load of fish!

If I were to go there I would be looking at those lures as a first option . 
I would stay outside the marina proper and cast towards the end of the T wharves and the boats  moored just inside  and try to get your lure to drift in under them  , some places get a bit irritated if you go inside the marina .

Don’t limit your options to SP & cranka crabs - maybe some vibes , deep diving lures and something that runs shallow like a sugapen . 
You have a good mix of man made structure , sand flats ,deep holes and rocky shoreline all close to each other so mix it up a little .

I have yet to find a Marina in the Hawkesbury system that doesn’t have resident bream . I know there were some stonkers under the wharf at cottage point - I think the people there were feeding them but that was years ago and things can change .

I mainly targeted Flathead up the creek at Bobbin head - deep sections with twin curly tails like mister twisters and up on the flats with shallow running small hard body lures - caught my first whiting on a lure up there .

• Like 1