Guide to placing a Fishing Report on fishraider

mrsswordfisherman

This was posted a few years ago by @Scratchie and the info is still relevant. I have added some more information. 

A note to all fishraiders when placing a fishing report! 

Whilst we enjoy to see you good people out there catching fish and posting a report, just simply placing a picture to the report is not what fishraider is about! 

The content you provide with your report is what makes this site stand out from all others! 

It doesn’t have to be worded like a journalist nor do we mind spelling mistakes etc etc but here are a few things that may help you construct a better report! 

General area you were fishing?

What time did you leave and return? 

What style of fishing were you doing? 

What gear did you use? 

Were you land based or fishing from a boat? 

These are just some simple pointers but the more content you provide, the more information EVERYONE can get out of it! 

Feel free to tell the "story within the story" to make the report more interesting :) Adding pictures makes it a great report and there is nothing better than a big smile on the angler that has caught a personal best fish. 

Please ensure you follow the Site Rules regarding content and picture posting.  I have added 3 rules below. Read the full list of Site Rules in the area Site Rules and Info https://community.deckee.com/rules/ 

11. Posting of pictures/photos - no erasure, or alteration of any kind is permitted. If you do not wish to disclose location, person holding a fish or other elements in a photo then do NOT post the picture at all. No advertising links on photos. Pictures of this kind will be removed. 

7. No posts on illegal fishing activity, such as illegal methods, protected fishing zones, bag limits, undersized fish, vigilante behaviour, or photos of illegal captures.

8. No posts or photos about spearfishing, bow and arrows, or crossbows. 

NOW, that’s what fishraider forum is all about! 

If you need any further advice, please feel free to contact me on pm or any of our mod team. 

Regards, 

Fishraider Moderation Team
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Nice one Donna.

I felt like bumping the original titled thread a few weeks ago when looking at all the reports that were coming in with a lack of detail.

Imo the reports are actually to help fellow raiders on the conditions when fish were caught(tide, time of day, water temp etc), how they were caught(bait, artificial lures, jig head size, type & colour of SP's etc) and some general location information(we dont need to know your GPS marks but a general area would help!) 

I mean at then end of the day if you want to just "brag" about a fish you have caught there is also a space for that here-

https://www.fishraider.com.au/forum/16-brag-board/

That's my 2 bobs worth 🙂

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Thanks 3

Must admit mine have been lacking as Ive been hitting the water early chasing marlin for the past week or so followed by beach sessions until around 11pm each night and feel generally to shattered. Its all becoming a blur now!!!!!!.....making the most of having kids home.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, JonD said:

Must admit mine have been lacking as Ive been hitting the water early chasing marlin for the past week or so followed by beach sessions until around 11pm each night and feel generally to shattered. Its all becoming a blur now!!!!!!.....making the most of having kids home.

Easily fixed Jon … your posts will automatically be moved from Fishing Reports to the Brag Board ... its a far more appropriate place for them ! 🤣

cheers Zoran 

Edited by zmk1962
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Going out tomorrow , I want to track my movements so I can upload a screenshot or file on here and was thinking of using the Deckee app to do so . If I log a trip on Deckee will this show this ? I could use the plotter on my sounder  but I have to stuff around doing it , if I can do this easily through Deckee and either use a screenshot or upload directly from Deckee to the forum it would make life so much easier . Any thoughts or instructions are more than welcome ! I think this could streamline a report as I don’t have to describe the area I fished and could concentrate more on time , tide and technique.

Also being able to add comments to that Deckee map would be great but if I use a screenshot I can do this on my computer , being able to drop a marker that I can quickly type in on the app what fish I just caught like I can on my sounder would also be handy . My phone has to be handy so I can take photos and if I can use that phone for everything it makes life so much easier.

I have used it @zmk1962 and @XD351

see this report by me 2 years ago. 

065AD875-CF2D-437E-B3DC-DDF551D841FE.jpeg

See above I edited the trip as I added it and added the link to the report in fishraider! 

B730C515-9934-441A-9284-445447887F5E.jpeg
There are many more things you can do now. 
I posted some links from Deckee page. 
You will have an area on fishraider here to ask questions to Deckee for answers soon. 

• Like 1

This is a screenshot of what was recorded on Deckee up until my phone got too hot and shut down all apps and what I get on screen when I try to share it. 

24AE5757-5F73-4763-BBB7-A9B16BF8FBD1.thumb.png.16c17b3880e01778b692255c04c6dd92.png61E6A437-A0C4-4A5C-B105-F1CE768BB3B5.thumb.png.16b3c7b1e1b295db245a255b5caefba2.png66DD022E-5E26-4AE9-93F7-EF39591C004D.thumb.png.6ea82b5050905f86ab034c7dbcfaf95a.png
Below is where I caught a fish marked by the circle 

82F9C1D4-0FCF-4314-82C0-015CA5E0285F.thumb.jpeg.099931564fcb43430ca0f9f894dde2ba.jpeg
This is the link I get if I click share - not sure if it works or not .
https://deckee.com/maps/marker/summary/fishingLocationMarker/232816

I think this is still more useful for a boatie who wants to show a general location or point of interest , I’m really wanting to quickly drop a pin with a simple note,like fish #1 then take a photo of the fish and get back to fishing . Later on I can simply link the photos to a screenshot of the map with a few words of text - ie fish#1 ,fish#2 etc . 

• Thanks 1