Home made fishing equipment shelves

motiondave

1 hour ago, noelm said:

I suggest putting "bottoms" in the rod holders, that way if you wheel it around, the rod butts don't gets frazzled on the ground.

I might do that later, thanks for the idea,  the shelf will sit In one spot most of the time .

• Like 1

Great work mate! If you put longer pvc pipe in the bottom and slot them for your reel stems it will stop your rods from hitting the floor and turning too.👍

Edited by Fab1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Great work mate! If you put longer pvc pipe in the bottom and slot them for your reel stems it will stop your rods from hitting the floor and turning too.👍

Yep, as said, I'm going to do a bit more including keeping rods off the floor, bit for the moment, it will be fine. The moveable shelf will not really get moved from its spot any time soon. But having the castors on the bottom is future proofing 😁

5 minutes ago, motiondave said:

Yep, as said, I'm going to do a bit more including keeping rods off the floor, bit for the moment, it will be fine. The moveable shelf will not really get moved from its spot any time soon. But having the castors on the bottom is future proofing 😁

Sorry mate,didn't see that.Great work!

• Like 1

Hey Dave I made something  similar but notched  out a space for the rods and put a screw between each one just used some of that cheap white elastic to wrap around screws holds rods fine.i was going to do something better but it does the job sorry I don't no how to upload a photo and yes my rods are touching the ground

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bryant fish said:

Hey Dave I made something  similar but notched  out a space for the rods and put a screw between each one just used some of that cheap white elastic to wrap around screws holds rods fine.i was going to do something better but it does the job sorry I don't no how to upload a photo and yes my rods are touching the ground

Long as it does the job 👍

I'm not too worried about rods on the ground, they were before with no problem....and being dragged about😁

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Great work Dave - have to start on another now (always room for more fishing gear)

You or me start another, hehehe....

As bizare as it sounds, I'm trying to limit what I have. The rest of my side of garage is taken up by not only a similar shelf, but all sorts of power tools, welders, endless "stuff".