Skinny flatty

slothparade

On Sunday went for a quick flick in Lane cove, anyway I was casting under this mores boat for some bream and on a dud cast that went way off to the right die to the wind, I though may as well get some practice twitching the soft plastic. After a couple of twitches over the top of the rock on the down wards drop I hooked up on this little flatty. This has to be my most significant fish as this is the first fish I've landed on a soft plastic that I rigged with a jig head. The gear used was a tiapan 1602, sienna 2500 with 8 lbs braid and 8 lbs fluro leader and on a zman grub in midnight oil with a 1/16 jig head 

I unfortunately got spiked by the fish when I tried to grab it's lip. Was safely released. Don't even think it was properly hooked as the hook just fell out when I got it on the sand 

PXL_20220109_054343166.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 3

Well done @slothparade. I can't believe I missed this!

It's very satisfying to get your first flattie on a plastic. I don't know why, but after you get your first, it becomes easier and easier to get fish on lures until you almost expect it every trip.

Hooks to fall out occasionally like that, particularly with smaller fish. Sometimes they are that light that it is hard to set the hook! Makes for an easy release.

Keep up the good work. There will be many more to follow, and bigger models at that. This fish, however, will be etched into your memory forever.

30 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Well done @slothparade. I can't believe I missed this!

It's very satisfying to get your first flattie on a plastic. I don't know why, but after you get your first, it becomes easier and easier to get fish on lures until you almost expect it every trip.

Hooks to fall out occasionally like that, particularly with smaller fish. Sometimes they are that light that it is hard to set the hook! Makes for an easy release.

Keep up the good work. There will be many more to follow, and bigger models at that. This fish, however, will be etched into your memory forever.

Thanks, I really hope so. It was such fun to finally get one. 

Never forget that one but not the most memorable 🤣