first attempt at filming

dirvin21

Bloody good job for your first video ! 
I look forward to seeing more 😀.

I have never fished lake Cathie - driven past a million times but next time I’m up that way I will be definitely stopping for a fish 🎣

Your Kayak is just screaming out for a Fishraider sticker 🤣

• Thanks 1

A very successful day at Lake Cathie Dave, incidentally the very first place I fished when I arrived in Australia. Well done on the video. Because you asked for constructive comments, I will offer some. I am not criticizing, rather trying to be helpful. I watch a lot of videos, and although I can't do them myself, I know what the viewers like.

Early in the video the sun and reflected light was streaming into the camera lens and interfering with the images. Later in the video the water was dark and the camera lens didn't pick up quality video of the hook up. Try altering the angle of the camera lens to the subject area (tilt down or up to see what provides the best angle for clear, concise video.) Ideally try to get a consistency of light entering the lens, difficult, but not impossible.

CONTENT: Do a brief intro and outro (ending) to the video to involve the viewer. State the location, gear used, possible target species and throughout the video, make comment on the catching process, and what you caught. Example... "Yep, good hit, looks like a nice Flattie". Show fighting the fish (which you did), netting and then a quick comment like "high 50s Flattie, in good condition". All of this creates involvement between the viewer and the video. You're already doing this in your wonderful posts to date. They have a blow by blow summary (in words) of the entire trip. Your posts are excellent Dave, always have been. You just need to verbalise, in your videos, what you include in your posts

Not suggesting that you directly mimic Shroom, but he really animates what he is doing, and involves the viewer in the process. Hope this may help. You are an excellent angler...your viewers want to see how you do it. Cheers, bn

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, big Neil said:

A very successful day at Lake Cathie Dave, incidentally the very first place I fished when I arrived in Australia. Well done on the video. Because you asked for constructive comments, I will offer some. I am not criticizing, rather trying to be helpful. I watch a lot of videos, and although I can't do them myself, I know what the viewers like.

Early in the video the sun and reflected light was streaming into the camera lens and interfering with the images. Later in the video the water was dark and the camera lens didn't pick up quality video of the hook up. Try altering the angle of the camera lens to the subject area (tilt down or up to see what provides the best angle for clear, concise video.) Ideally try to get a consistency of light entering the lens, difficult, but not impossible.

CONTENT: Do a brief intro and outro (ending) to the video to involve the viewer. State the location, gear used, possible target species and throughout the video, make comment on the catching process, and what you caught. Example... "Yep, good hit, looks like a nice Flattie". Show fighting the fish (which you did), netting and then a quick comment like "high 50s Flattie, in good condition". All of this creates involvement between the viewer and the video. You're already doing this in your wonderful posts to date. They have a blow by blow summary (in words) of the entire trip. Your posts are excellent Dave, always have been. You just need to verbalise, in your videos, what you include in your posts

Not suggesting that you directly mimic Shroom, but he really animates what he is doing, and involves the viewer in the process. Hope this may help. You are an excellent angler...your viewers want to see how you do it. Cheers, bn

Cheers mate