Shark capture (Big Neil)

Pickles

Not a “New” report, but there’s been a bit of interest in sharks on the forum, so thought this might be of interest. Big Neil and I with 2 1/2m Mako (Sydney) . Took us 1/12 hours to get it to the boat - we were both exhausted. Bait was a butterflied yakka.

Gear = 6’ Daiwa Monster mesh max PE 3-5 rod, 65lb braid, 130lb Wilson Fluro leader and 1m 200lb wire trace to 10/0 stainless hook

62775D22-2026-4226-B7B0-736ADD2E276B.jpeg

664C0030-4DF2-4276-9548-32825B7FC4D1.jpeg

E88307B9-FE12-4617-9883-8291C5B03F0F.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Movie wouldn’t load
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

A good sized one compared to the boat size.

Jeff, there was no way it was coming into the boat - I did suggest toNeil he could slip his hand in the gills and I’d put a tail noose on him, but Neil didn’t think it a good idea🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

Hey Bob, just back from a trip to Deniliquin and saw this post. Still laughing. Good bit of fun...and the pictures turned out pretty good too. Thanks for posting it. Neil

Was the Demi’ trip chasing Cod or a little white ball called “Jack”

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Was the Demi’ trip chasing Cod or a little white ball called “Jack”

Fishing Bob. The Murrumbidgee is still flooded and will be for months. I've been taking a 3 hour drive to Deniliquin for my fishing fix. Only caught 2 this trip but one was 77cms. Plenty of Cod there, somebody caught a 123cm the day before.

Neil

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Fishing Bob. The Murrumbidgee is still flooded and will be for months. I've been taking a 3 hour drive to Deniliquin for my fishing fix. Only caught 2 this trip but one was 77cms. Plenty of Cod there, somebody caught a 123cm the day before.

Neil

77 is a good fish mate and 123 is a cracker

• Thanks 1