DIY

Rummers

G’day Raiders, 

I have been grounded and sidelined with some health issues (non covid related) for a couple of weeks. So this means no boat. In between some quick land based sessions. 

anybody have some good ideas for a diy project? I would like to do some sort of fibreglassing if anybody had ideas. I have dreams of restoring a boat one day. 

thanks team 

There are all kinds of things you could start on like bait/cutting  boards knife racks, berley buckets, side lockers to hold anything, battery boxes, anchor rope lockers, if you really wanted to extend your efforts you could have a go at making a hard top for the boat.

Fibreglass is a great product and pretty well anything can be shaped and sculptured into shape .

Here's a quick example, just a square glass battery box and a rack to hold knives plyers etc  covered with cheap carpet.

844901679_batterybox1.thumb.jpg.76b6cdca3713de7b0b2af89db6e1590a.jpg

Frank

Edited by frankS
  • Like 3

Something very simple to do but very rewarding is a bird bath.

Just get an old cooking our friends coat it with some release agent and put a few layers of fibreglass in the wok and you have the bowl. then get some PVC pipe and mould it to the bottom of the bowl . once dry place it on a pole and fill it with water and you will soon have birds coming into your yard to water and wash. 

You can also make feeder trays to further attract birds to your yard.

Very relaxing sitting in the yard with birds feeding and chirping away.

Frank

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, frankS said:

Something very simple to do but very rewarding is a bird bath.

Just get an old cooking our friends coat it with some release agent and put a few layers of fibreglass in the wok and you have the bowl. then get some PVC pipe and mould it to the bottom of the bowl . once dry place it on a pole and fill it with water and you will soon have birds coming into your yard to water and wash. 

You can also make feeder trays to further attract birds to your yard.

Very relaxing sitting in the yard with birds feeding and chirping away.

Frank

I find to attract "birds" lots of money and nice cars never fails.😉

Great idea mate.

• Haha 1