Kayak newbie looking for fishing buddy

Chhayzor

Evening Raiders,

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this post. I've been a member here for a couple of years now. Been more of a lurker than a poster (this is my first, in fact), just absorbing the wisdom as I don't have too much of my own to offer lol

Anyway, I've just bought a new Hobie Outback and am absolutely itching to take her out for her maiden voyage. I've been landbased since I started fishing about 2/3 years ago, and have been dying to get a kayak for about a year now. This week, I finally pulled the trigger!

However, I'm hesitant to go alone, especially on my first few outings, mainly from a safety perspective. But I suppose also from a social one as none of my mates own kayaks and most don't even fish. I guess I need some new friends 😒

Soooo... basically, this is a round-about way of asking... if anybody is interested in teaching a newbie kayak fisho the ropes or maybe you're looking for a fishing buddy yourself, I'd love to hear from you.

I'm based in South Western Sydney but am willing to travel. I have all my own gear and at the moment, I'm limited to Saturdays or late weekday arvos. 

Thanks for reading. Hope everybody has a cracking weekend 🤙