Finally, a trophy bream

Mike Sydney

It took me 107 bream, but I finally ripped out my first 40+ model yesterday at Rodd Point. 

The cranka crab lure has a reputation for catching big bream and it certainly has been with several in the mid thirties the past couple weeks.

I’ve been fishing them on shallow sand flats with a very slow roll retrieve.

feels great to have finally broken the 40cm mark, I’d had a number of 35cm fish but this was something special.

4B6D4EF2-7075-4CDE-AE41-AB8FF9D267AC.thumb.jpeg.1d43837f7982c6d3a62cad5862b8b334.jpeg050A6DC0-4795-436A-BAC1-B4BF5031C493.thumb.jpeg.f2a7f74a9ca51d3c8157c0a0d73fb963.jpeg

A very versatile lure, not just for dropping near pylons!

• Like 16

Good one mate!

Have had a Cranka Crab lure for ages, but searching for the ideal spot to use it. Down on the Hawkesbury i find them hard to fish as they're quite light, and the current here is quite deep and fast. Slow roll across flats sounds enticing though. I would imagine it was be an extremely slow roll!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seasponge said:

Good one mate!

Have had a Cranka Crab lure for ages, but searching for the ideal spot to use it. Down on the Hawkesbury i find them hard to fish as they're quite light, and the current here is quite deep and fast. Slow roll across flats sounds enticing though. I would imagine it was be an extremely slow roll!

I’ve been casting them and letting it settle on the bottom for 20 seconds or so then slowly dragging it back a meter or two at a time with similar long pauses. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...