Carp and Redfin in the Central West

lancer

Just spent 4 days at Wyangla Dam and two at Carcoar.  The first three days towing lures I got nothing and lost two lures. I then bought worms from the worm farm in Wyangla. Worms are also for sale at the Caravan Park reception office.  I then caught a 10cm Macquarie Perch and two carp. The carp fought pretty good. 

Then went to Carcoar dam and spent an afternoon intoducing two young kids to fishing. They didnt like worms or the fish but loved it when they pulled in a redfin. The fish were small but after you skin them you get a piece of fish the size of a fish finger.  Ended up with two meals and excited kids. 

• Like 8

Certainly rewarding for kids to catch their own dinner. Similar to when they grow it themselves too. I suspect they are now hooked!

I remember reading about Macquarie Perch in a book called 'What fish is that' by Lance Wedlick, when I was in Kindergarten; a fellow student bought it for my birthday. I think it was already obvious that I was obsessed with fishing back then! I've never seen a Macquarie Perch in the flesh. I know they were already protected in the mid 80s. It would be marvelous if they make a resurgence.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...