Nepean river Fishfest comp

Smobaby

We signed on yesterday at 530pm at panthers league’s club then fished the weir 1000 casts 1 bass 24cm got absolutely soaked. Saturday still pelting Down hooked up the tinnie woke the missus and headed down to the ramp. My son and his mates been fishing since 530 we turned up at 9am they were returning 3 boats had a chat and set off. They got nothing. We dodged all sorts  of debris heading up stream water was filthy, made the decision to hit the dam wall. Manoeuvred through the shallow rapids then to the basin yes clean water. Rained all day but got a few back at the ramp at 5pm7A8C2735-6776-4DC7-B834-878C5FC3795E.thumb.jpeg.a15a213cf38a5d67d5167b68a9e3c731.jpegEAFF763A-5E36-4427-87A3-17F5D56FA287.thumb.jpeg.850cca7ae7a5f4053a843c0b6a21726a.jpeg

• Like 6

Didn’t think a boat could get that far up ! 
Years ago there was a set of markers saying you couldn’t go past this point and I think it was near where the fork to bents basin was .

We used to walk down to that weir and fish the tunnel - wouldn’t do it now as you will probably get arrested for trespassing on Sydney water property .

I’ve steered clear of the Nepean with all this rain, doesn’t look too bad considering how much water is around. I was waiting for the flood reports to come out but the river seems to be handling it better than last years floods.

Well done on getting a few. I find with these wet events the fishing either shuts right down, or the river really fires. 

You catch more fish on the water than you do sitting at home, that’s for sure.

Better weather today headed upstream again the misses 3rd cast hooked up to a 36 cm bass  very fat  got 4 more and several herring. Packed up at 12 pm headed to the club for photo weigh in. Home shower then to the presentation see how we go.

• Like 1