kayak sydney

slothparade

I would - I just bought a fishing yak this week, managed to test it by launching it off bondi beach over the surf on Tuesday, made it off shore with ease. I'm down for inshore/offshore though.

where are you based?

36 minutes ago, Tarik said:

I would - I just bought a fishing yak this week, managed to test it by launching it off bondi beach over the surf on Tuesday, made it off shore with ease. I'm down for inshore/offshore though.

where are you based?

sweet, thanks. I got mine late last year, so I guess its just going to be a noobie trip (no offence) lol. 

im assuming you didn't take it through the surf with all your gear?

Im down for inshore and offshore (within reason), like swimming diatance of land. Ive never surf launched so not sure how that will go lol. I really don't know where to get longtail thats safe enough to get out with a kayak. But id be satisfied with a mack tuna or bonito or any type of tuna. 

will work out the target species in a bit, just got to find a location first.

im based around castle hill. 

what kayak do you have? 

I have a seak mako 3.9 

I did not take my fishing gear, but can easily bring it next time. It's not super fancy lol, just a nextgen 9-10 (with rudder) but does what i need it to do.

Surf launching is mega fun and pumping, but takes a lil bit of skill. just face head onto the waves, launch from a rip and you should be fine ... have everything connected in case of a flip so you dont lose your gear and you're fine.

to be honest ive never caught a hairtail either, open to catching new species.

just need a good weather window and i'm ready, im based in bondi