Marine Carpet Options

sam bros

Hey Raiders,

I am redoing the flooring and carpet of our boat. Just curious if people use ribbed or non-ribbed carpet.

Any pros and cons would be appreciated. This is the first time doing it myself. 

Also is there and brands people would suggest, send me a PM.  Was thinking of getting it from the main boating shop that is 3 letters long

Thanks in advance

Edited by sam bros

Agree 100% buy real/genuine marine carpet, not cheap Bunnings or boating supermarket stuff, it's dearer, but will last for years. Ribbed carpet is OK, but it seems to suit bigger boats (appearance only) glue it down using contact adhesive, but only glue the boat floor side, make sure you start the carpet dead straight, because it will stick instantly.

1 hour ago, noelm said:

Agree 100% buy real/genuine marine carpet, not cheap Bunnings or boating supermarket stuff, it's dearer, but will last for years. Ribbed carpet is OK, but it seems to suit bigger boats (appearance only) glue it down using contact adhesive, but only glue the boat floor side, make sure you start the carpet dead straight, because it will stick instantly.

Thanks for the info. Not sure where to buy genuine marine carpet. Can you Pm me any suggestions.

Also I'm worried about things getting stuck in the ribs and becoming harder to remove?? So I was thinking non-ribbed would be better?

Most proper boat shops have good carpet, "stuff" doesn't get stuck in the ribs, it's just a texture looking feature, I had it in one of my boats for about 5 years and it was still good when I sold the boat.

Edited by noelm

I used the big green shed marine carpet and is good so far. I used artificial turf adhesive to stick it on.

my family usually jump on and off the boat when we park up on an island so it gets pretty wet.

After and before

7641E8F8-B7DC-4B69-9D73-3D7022A4CE62.jpeg

7A327EBA-9255-4E1A-96FC-B435FBBA1337.jpeg

Edited by xerotao
Added photo

• 1 month later...