Crispy Thai Chilli Fish Recipe

Little_Flatty

Just tried this recipe after salivating at the pictures of @Brendan Monks' effort on his snapper:

Crispy Thai Chilli Fish recipe | Australia's Best Recipes

I cooked up the bigger of my bream from yesterday and shared it with my wife. It was delicious, and had relatively easy to get ingredients (except maybe for lemongrass, which we are fortunate to have a decent supply of in our garden). Worked out perfectly as a meal for the two of us, with some rice.

The spice level is more than mild. If you can't handle moderate heat, then I'd leave out the birdeye chilies and likely you'll still have a delicious meal. Only trouble for me is I finished my beer while cooking and I didn't have any more! 🤣

Think this will be a keeper in our household.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Brendan Monks said:

@Little_Flatty I think I actually saw the recipe you posted but ended up going with this one:

https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/crisp-skinned-thai-chilli-snapper-6846

(No, mine ended up nothing like it! 🤣 I was hoping it was going to come out a bit more crispy!).

Still looked good Brendan!

My fish wasn't as crispy as I would have liked either, in spite of having it under fan-forced grill for the last 20 mins.

We're just going to need to catch more fish to get more cooking practice! 😎

• Haha 1