Guess the bands

mrsswordfisherman

The Eagles, Smashing Pumpkins, Pet Shop Boys, Texas, The Avalanches, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Guns n Roses, Alice in Chains, Radiohead, The Police, Four Tops, Salt and Papper (Salt-N-Pepa), T Rex, B*witched, Pearl Jam, Garbage, The Beatles or The Cockroaches, Arrowhead or One Direction, The Zombies, The Vines, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Cream, Atomic Kitten, Wild Cherry, Soundgarden, Thompson Twins, Bucks Fizz, The Dunes, Seven or Shed 7

2dhb2dzlwq861.jpg

12 minutes ago, noelm said:

Not too sure how the Thompson Twins works out.

Tintin - the two detectives in the series are called Thomson and ThomPson. The characters are doubles rather actual twins but for the sake of the guess the band sketch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomson_and_Thompson

I take it you are familiar with the band the Thompson twins though.... Hold me now was a pretty big hit of theirs. Apparently the band name came from the Tintin characters.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, DerekD said:

Tintin - the two detectives in the series are called Thomson and ThomPson. The characters are doubles rather actual twins but for the sake of the guess the band sketch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomson_and_Thompson

I take it you are familiar with the band the Thompson twins though.... Hold me now was a pretty big hit of theirs. Apparently the band name came from the Tintin characters.

Yep I realised that too DerekD - very good pick up although the band was called Thompson Twins.
They were not Thompsons or twins and took the name from Tintin 
Swordie gave me the answer early on.