OUR COMMENTS ON FISHRAIDER!!!

G’day Fishraiders, 

Thank you to everyone for all you contribution to this great site. 

However Recently, we have had several posts that are totally unacceptable and have had to be removed. 
A lot of these posts contained statements or postings that incites the downgrading of women. 
This in NOT acceptable in society itself and is certainly NOT accepted here in our wonderful community! 

Here is a copy of the site rules incase you are unfamiliar with them. 

Any further comments pertaining to this area may just see your membership removed. 

regards scratchie mod team 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

The fishing world has some wonderful people and this site encourages those people to share and support one another in their fishing journeys. That there is no tolerance for negative, discriminatory posts on Fishraider is one of the reasons it is such a popular and good site.

I'd just like to acknowledge their work and thank the moderators for making this such a safe and welcoming place.

KB

Edited by Koalaboi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for this post Jeff.

This site started in 2004. Swordie and I took it over in 2006. It had continued to grow and outlasts all the other similar sites in Australia. 

It was the first fishing forum in Australia to be owned and run by a female. Deckee now  powers the site but I remain as the Community Manager. 

We have been lucky to have many member volunteers who stepped up and took on Moderator duties over the years. Thank you to every single one of them for their efforts. 

This site is a wonderful group of people who have a common interest - fishing. Thank you to all members for without you there is no fishraider. 

We have a fair set of site rules that guide moderation of the comments and content allowed on the site. 

I have only banned 1 or 2 persons in the last few years. Thank you to Facebook for absorbing all the unwanted troublemakers 👏👏

Please continue to post up reports, articles, pictures and videos to share with us all. Any Google search will always come up with links to fishraider content.

Long live fishraider 🎣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I guess to be fair, (I have no idea what the offending posts were, or who posted them) but sometimes we say (type) things in jest, most take them that way, some get offended, in this day and age, it pays to be diligent with comments, what seems perfectly harmless at the time, can turn out quite offensive in the long run! This site is well moderated, and perhaps might be why it's still sound?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, noelm said:

I guess to be fair, (I have no idea what the offending posts were, or who posted them) but sometimes we say (type) things in jest, most take them that way, some get offended, in this day and age, it pays to be diligent with comments, what seems perfectly harmless at the time, can turn out quite offensive in the long run! This site is well moderated, and perhaps might be why it's still sound?

I think I spelled it out clearly Noel in my post above why it is "perhaps still sound". Comments made sitting around at the pub or gatherings often do not translate well on social media.  

I remove content that is not within site rules, simple as that. We are made aware of this sort of content often by members. We have a sophisticated system behind the scenes that allows us to view the post, view the history of member/s and see if there is a pattern of behaviour. As a team we make a decision on any reported content and warn/advise the member. 

A lot of posts/threads are removed before people even read them. I read almost everything posted on this site assisted by the eyes of mods. The posts are usually breaching the rules below in some way. Apart from those reasons we remove these posts as they do not add any value to our forum.

1. No abusive or threatening posts or private messages including posts/messages that reference abusive or threatening actions/behaviours. Personal attack or inciting arguments will not be tolerated.

2. No posts on illegal fishing activity - for example illegal methods, protected fishing zones, bag limits, undersize fish, vigilante behaviour, pictures of illegal captures

6. No pictures or posts of a discriminatory or degrading nature to any person, race, sex or religion

Thanks for comments and lets get back to fishing :) 

• Like 2