Kayak offshore rods

slothparade

Im looking for about 2 maybe 3 more 5'6 rods which are single peice and tough as nails. when I surf launch the kayak I tie all the rods together and lay them flat in the kayak so if I roll they wont brake. 

anyways, Im hopping to pick them up cheap second hand, maybe $10-20 each. they don't need tobe anything decent. just tough and take be able to take my reels. anyways some recomendations on what I should be looking out for would be much appreciated. 

I was thinking about some more penn allys, but theyre a little to expensive to be doing what im doing. was thinking on a bunch of jervis walker overhead rods but yeah not sure. 

Thanks 

22 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Look for ugly stiks  or silstar powertips

thanks very much. I have found a couple of siltar power tips for $10 but unfortunately in victoria. 

Thanks for the tip though. how good are the silstar powertips? 

15 hours ago, Restyle said:

Really, any glass rod is near indestructible. The only things that break on them are the guide rings. The newer ugly sticks are pretty average but the older ones are though as granite. 

how do you tell the difference between the old and the new?

15 hours ago, Restyle said:

Really, any glass rod is near indestructible. The only things that break on them are the guide rings. The newer ugly sticks are pretty average but the older ones are though as granite. 

yeah hopefully the guides will be fine. i was most worried about the tips snapping. the reels get stored inside the kayak so yep, not a problem