Raider mates out again - Jewies & Terraglin

Pickles

@big Neil@DerekDand I headed offshore, north of Barrenjoey to Terrigal wide and had a cracker day (even though I ate the banana for breakfast and so were limited to bait only). Neil hadn’t learned any new songs, but fishing action kept us entertained (Derek doesn’t sing).

We loaded up with Yakkas off Barrenjoey wide and headed to the reefs north. First few drops were not overly encouraging, but Derek and Neil had runs on the board with really good Trag and mate Ray landed a just under meter kingie. By the end of the day we had 2 Jewies, 8 Trag, a Bonito and we dropped heaps of Trag due to bait being too big - just couldn’t find any little “kingie candy Yakkas”.

Water temp was 23, current was about a knot, swell about 1.3 m, wind, a mild NW about 8kmh.

Raider buddies had a great day.

40A62D39-4DBE-4E43-B6CD-1198139D86AB.jpeg

D54C6C76-48D8-40D8-AE74-3FE59AE459C0.jpeg

FFEEE271-8D07-4581-BAE8-154EE8424028.jpeg

D697BD9E-03C5-4109-899E-5DCF6DCA0BC1.jpeg

C5A13428-00A2-4DB8-B402-0681F186B8FA.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Brendan Monks said:

Looks like a cracker day out @Pickles How did the deckie (Dylan) perform? 😄

My opinion. (If it is allowed?)

The charter was very professionally run. Clearly the Master and the Deckhand knew exactly what was required by the punters and they worked diligently to provide it. An excellent day was provided Brendan. bn

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, big Neil said:

My opinion. (If it is allowed?)

The charter was very professionally run. Clearly the Master and the Deckhand knew exactly what was required by the punters and they worked diligently to provide it. An excellent day was provided Brendan. bn

Great to hear Neil!!! 👌

Scotty is the best around and and Dyl is a good kid, I was with him Thursday & Friday nights 🍻 and he mentioned he was working Saturday but I never guessed it was with you guys! 😄

I know him through the local Game Fishing Club 🤙

Edited by Brendan Monks
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, noelm said:

They didn't supply a bag of ice for the esky? Nice lot of fish, haven't caught a Trag for ages now.

Never even heard of them before this trip. They taste alright on the plate noelm. bn

• Like 1