Jump to content

Clarkes point 14/4/22


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

After having the flu pretty badly all week i was ready for a session of fishing, still partially sick i had to go locally but was happy to get out.Landed an undersized whiting and tried out my new jigs, losing one a few meters from shore.

Then i gladly saw bust up”s all around the spot i was fishing, made 15-20+ casts into over and in front of them with no luck.I beleived they were bonito or mack tuna but was a shame i didn’t land any.After i get better and have some more time hopefully i’ll be able to try some topwater which should be great and will keep at it with the jigs for a chance of a hard fighting fish.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and stays healthy and safe

Edited by maccapacca
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, motiondave said:

Good stuff, I bet you felt better for getting out, I know I did, woke up feeling like crap, but went out anyway.

Yeah for sure felt a lot better, just sick of sitting in a bed getting better.Must of spent 70+ days this year recovering from various injuries at home, mostly out of my control but still frustrating either way

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, maccapacca said:

After having the flu pretty badly all week i was ready for a session of fishing, still partially sick i had to go locally but was happy to get out.Landed an undersized whiting and tried out my new jigs, losing one a few meters from shore.

Then i gladly saw bust up”s all around the spot i was fishing, made 15-20+ casts into over and in front of them with no luck.I beleived they were bonito or mack tuna but was a shame i didn’t land any.After i get better and have some more time hopefully i’ll be able to try some topwater which should be great and will keep at it with the jigs for a chance of a hard fighting fish.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and stays healthy and safe

Thats happened to me too with the mack tuna ignoring my 2.5 zman grubs makes me wonder why when they were there hunting, though to be fair most people ive seen catch them were with a float and bait or metal lures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Denisfisho said:

Thats happened to me too with the mack tuna ignoring my 2.5 zman grubs makes me wonder why when they were there hunting, though to be fair most people ive seen catch them were with a float and bait or metal lures.

Yeah it’s a bit of a guessing game, I did see a school of miniature baitfish on the surface of the water a few times.
 

The good thing about the spot is if you fish there long enough your bound to encounter another school of fish due to it being like a highway of sorts in some positions

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, maccapacca said:

Yeah it’s a bit of a guessing game, I did see a school of miniature baitfish on the surface of the water a few times.
 

The good thing about the spot is if you fish there long enough your bound to encounter another school of fish due to it being like a highway of sorts in some positions

If you can match the size and profile of the minature baitfish, that's a start.

You can find quite tiny metals and jigs if you go looking for them. This is an example from my collection:

image.png.0f5a6b30872b617a04b368e6f5461f94.png

If I recall correctly, this one is 3 grams and it was quite reasonably priced. They are fairly castable.

Another thing I have heard of, but haven't tried, is that you can use a bubble float filled with water suspended above a tiny fly to imitate the baitfish. This will give you enough weight to cast whilst being able to imitate the profile of the bait. You work the fly as if it was a lure.

Sometimes, however, there's nothing you can do! When I've tried everything I have for nought - or as is often the case where I am, find out that they are undersized tailor (!) - I then proceed to pretend they aren't there 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      69.5k
    • Total Posts
      572.2k
×
×
  • Create New...