Western Sydney Trout Action

After a very early wakeup. Hoodlum hunter and I managed to hike into a creek system in the blue mountains to target some trout. At first it looked pretty barren but after spotting lots of trout in a few pools and after 4 or 5 lure changes we managed to crack the code and get 10 trout all up. Biggest went 42, I was actually bitten off by it earlier and then foul hooked it (In retrieving the fish I also retrieved my lure). Check out the youtube video for the full breakdown! (yes the youtube thumbnail is photoshopped to fit the landscape size) 

image.thumb.jpeg.46c2204a052605340d051180270e9c38.jpeg

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Little_Flatty said:

Nice work James. Certainly looks like a nice adventure.

You must have lucked out with starting uni holidays early - decent exam timetable or no exams? If that is the case you certainly aren't wasting your holidays :D

Thank you.

You are correct. my 3 uni exams were in the first week so this adventure which was 3 days ago was the day after. 

I plan to make these uni holidays count!

1 minute ago, James Clain said:

Thank you.

You are correct. my 3 uni exams were in the first week so this adventure which was 3 days ago was the day after. 

I plan to make these uni holidays count!

Lucky you! I finished early as well (only had a paper to write this semester). Kudos to you making it count 😎

32 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Loved the video!
Lucky you got in before the trout season closed.

Thanks Donna.

Yes just before trout season close. However were we are (western sydney) the trout closure doesn't apply as these aren't trout streams. 

• Thanks 1

Great video and nice fish James ! 
I think I have a fair idea where you are and haven’t fished there for over 30yrs - I used to do crazy stuff like hike for hours to catch trout as well but these days if I can’t get to it in my car or boat or walk to it on 5 minutes it ain’t getting fished 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XD351 said:

Great video and nice fish James ! 
I think I have a fair idea where you are and haven’t fished there for over 30yrs - I used to do crazy stuff like hike for hours to catch trout as well but these days if I can’t get to it in my car or boat or walk to it on 5 minutes it ain’t getting fished 🤣🤣🤣

Trying not to reveal the spot too much but it was about a 30 minute walk. If you've been there before you'll know for sure now. 

• Like 1

James,

Great spot and well done on locating at this time.

You are wise not to publish location.

Lots of people, non fishraiders, troll the site for info. Any goggle search gives a way in.

That does not mean not to share just to be judicious with sharing.

I loved the video well done.

Appreciated,

Geoff

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2022 at 6:50 PM, Centrepin said:

James,

Great spot and well done on locating at this time.

You are wise not to publish location.

Lots of people, non fishraiders, troll the site for info. Any goggle search gives a way in.

That does not mean not to share just to be judicious with sharing.

I loved the video well done.

Appreciated,

Geoff

I've seen that background in a few different trout photos and videos and I still don't know where it is so people aren't posting it online which is good. My local spot is shoulder to shoulder now because of people constantly posting there catches when the fish are on.

Edited by Denisfisho