Sydney Boat Show

AlbertW

Good Evening Raiders,

I've been looking forward to purchase a kayak from the Sydney Boat Show thats happening in a bit. As you can imagine this is my first time talking about kayaks and I have absolutely no clue on what to look for in a good fishing kayak. I plan to use the kayak to get out and chase bigger species in the warmer months such as kingies, other pelagics and possibly jewfish and alike. I have a budget of around $6000 aud after saving up for basically my lifetime and I'm hoping for any tips or recommendations on what to look for in a kayak or a certain brand that might be displayed at the boat show.

Cheers,

Albert

I think if I was a newcomer, I would get out and talk to other owners at ramps and places rather than just buying blind from a "salesman" that way you get real life info on what works, what's needed and what's not.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AlbertW said:

Good Evening Raiders,

I've been looking forward to purchase a kayak from the Sydney Boat Show thats happening in a bit. As you can imagine this is my first time talking about kayaks and I have absolutely no clue on what to look for in a good fishing kayak. I plan to use the kayak to get out and chase bigger species in the warmer months such as kingies, other pelagics and possibly jewfish and alike. I have a budget of around $6000 aud after saving up for basically my lifetime and I'm hoping for any tips or recommendations on what to look for in a kayak or a certain brand that might be displayed at the boat show.

Cheers,

Albert

Have you thought about getting an inflatable? Much more stable and seaworthy, more amenable to being powered, no need for roof racks so easier to handle on your own. Some of them are considerably cheaper too.

• 5 weeks later...

At this stage I think I will be going on Friday 29th. will go in by train as the parking can be hit and miss and very expensive.

If anyone else is planning to go on Friday and would like to meet up for a chat let me know and we can arrange a meeting place. It's a big area and most people there will be into fishing or at least boats.

Frank

2 hours ago, frankS said:

At this stage I think I will be going on Friday 29th. will go in by train as the parking can be hit and miss and very expensive.

If anyone else is planning to go on Friday and would like to meet up for a chat let me know and we can arrange a meeting place. It's a big area and most people there will be into fishing or at least boats.

Frank

Raiders why not meet at the Deckee stand ;)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Raiders why not meet at the Deckee stand ;)

Sounds like the logical place to meet. I would suggest between 12 noon and 1 pm and maybe we could all sit down and have lunch together while we chat about things.

Frank

• Like 2