Parramatta river storm water drains and canals,

leonardgid

hello raiders , i have been trying to find   the canals and drains on the Parramatta river  without any luck ,  is there   a map that i can look up on google that you are aware off ?  i don't have a car to drive around in so it difficult to get around , the reason im looking is so that i can locate spots that may hold  green weed for luderick , thank you all

4 minutes ago, Pafisho08 said:

HI Leo

Google Maps  golf courses near you as some have ponds and small creeks which hold string weed 

Only check them out late in the day when golfers are gone .

Regds Bob

Hi Bob, i don't know anything about weed  but i thought it grows in brackish water (mixture of fresh  and salt , i will have a look  around  thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, Pafisho08 said:

HI  Leo

Some of my best weed has come from farm creeks on the south coast as it is also in the fresh .

Rgds

you learn a new thing every day , i though the stuff  only grew in salt  water environments , thank you good to know ,

1 hour ago, maccapacca said:

I’m based around the parramatta river also and trying to get into luderick, would be happy to share a few spots if I find the sea weed for them.The only spot I can think of with multiple drains running into the water is around five dock, although I haven’t seen any of the green weed there.

thanks mate , i think its best if we  look for it around the rocks  somewhere ,  because by the sound of it  there's not that much of it around  

Some canals around the parramatta river putney, fivedock, haberfield, burns bay the one at meadow bank park has a golf course up stream

If you can travel  there is still weed & cabbage growing in rock pools & on the ocean rocks 

Try google earth , I find it better than the maps . On the north side of the river try westward of the meadow bank rail bridge - Melrose park , behind Ryde/ parramatta golf course . There are also canals around the Canada Bay Area on the south side of the river and at Rhodes next to Homebush bay drive- access is via Australia ave . Might be worth looking around up the lane cove river , I have never done this so can’t say if there would be weed there .

7 hours ago, XD351 said:

Try google earth , I find it better than the maps . On the north side of the river try westward of the meadow bank rail bridge - Melrose park , behind Ryde/ parramatta golf course . There are also canals around the Canada Bay Area on the south side of the river and at Rhodes next to Homebush bay drive- access is via Australia ave . Might be worth looking around up the lane cove river , I have never done this so can’t say if there would be weed there .

thank you  very helpful