Fiji

BigHorse

Hey raiders,

My family and i are travelling to fiji in these holidays and i am wanting to take a rod so i can flick around the resort. we already have a game/bottom fishing charter booked, but i know i will want to fish more. 

I was wondering what sort of smaller game will i be able to catch landbased? Thanks

I went to the solomon islands a couple of years ago and we caught squid of the resort jetty. That may be an option if there are weed beds around the resort. It depends what kind of terrain is of the resort, if it is kind of reefy it may be good for sweetlip, coral trout etc. But if there is a steep drop-off, Gt's and pelagics might be an option, I know you said smaller but there will probably be smaller mackerel hanging around the bait school's out the front of the resort. I would assume that because when the resort people clean the days fish catch they will usually attract sharks who make a habit of eating the scraps from the fisherman. That is from personal experience.

3 hours ago, BigHorse said:

Hey raiders,

My family and i are travelling to fiji in these holidays and i am wanting to take a rod so i can flick around the resort. we already have a game/bottom fishing charter booked, but i know i will want to fish more. 

I was wondering what sort of smaller game will i be able to catch landbased? Thanks

How exciting @BigHorse where will you stay and what charter company will you use? 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:59 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

How exciting @BigHorse where will you stay and what charter company will you use? 

ill be stay at the shangri la and using the hotels fishing charter, it was both bottom bashing and game fishing.