Meet and greet at the boat show

frankS

Hi all raiders, thought I would start a new thread for a get together at the coming Sydney boat show.

I will be there on Friday 29th and will be at the Deckee stand between 12 noon and around 1 pm so anyone who wishes to catch up for a chat please don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

I will be the grumpy old bugger with a grey beard and will have a name tag on my chest.

Frank

• Like 11

You got the grumpy old bugger bit right Frank...ONLY KIDDING. Have fun, I hope a few Raiders jump on the idea.

I would imagine that there will be plenty of sales now that Covid restrictions have eased a bit. Let's hope so, the economy needs all the help it can get, right now.

bn

I also hope to be there between 12 and 1.

@AlbertW .. now if you missed going to school that day, (not telling them of course), then buying them a boat. Could you imaging the surprise and joy on their face when they find out. 😀

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AlbertW said:

Ahhh bugger, if only i didn't have school I would definitely go but I hope all you guys have a blast

Andrew. Perhaps you should arrange a meet up with members on a Saturday or Sunday for those that can't make a week day journey.

I don't do week ends.

Frank

Edited by frankS

5 hours ago, frankS said:

Andrew. Perhaps you should arrange a meet up with members on a Saturday or Sunday for those that can't make a week day journey.

I don't do week ends.

Frank

Yeah im hitting it up on sunday

1 hour ago, antonywardle said:

I'm heading in now. I'll look out for you Frank!

Anthony. Hope to catch up with you. I decided to drive in as it's too far for me to walk from the station, just hope I can get a park spot as i know the car park fills up quickly.

Frank

• Like 1

Just got back from the show, couldn't find the "deckee" stand, looked for ages. The show was pretty small, not much to see really, a few big American boats that were impressive, but other than that....nah.

For any other Fishraiders that want to catch up with the deckee stand it is in level 4 600 good boating safety zone.

Getting around and finding where anything is at the show is just about impossible without a show guide which is free with your ticket.

I met up with Gordon ( Blackfish ) and we had a real good chat. Unfortunately all the walking and standing around played havoc with my energy level and I had to call it quits and come home earlier then I would have liked.

Had a good tongue wag with the Deckee guys.

Noel sorry I missed you.

Did you see the 600 HP Mercury V12 verado ? .

Frank

• Like 1

Yep, saw the Mercury 600HP, I asked a couple of exhibitors if they knew where Deckee was and they said no, I didn't open the magazine they gave you, turns out it has a map in it......caught the train up, light rail to Haymarket, it all went easy enough, the light rail is pretty slow and clunky, but saved trying to park. Is there a parking station close by these days?

Frank and I did catch up which was great and had a chat. At times it was like 2 old blokes having a grumble about the world. 😁 Bahhaaaaaa. All good as we had quite a few laughs as well..

I also had trouble finding the Deckee stand as most had their names at the top of the stands, so I walked around with my head up looking for the banner. The signage was on the front of the stand, waist down. It got a bit frustrating because they had Promo playing on the big screen on the side of the wall so I knew I couldn't be far away.

The Show .....

I went level 4, with was Ok,(Quite a bit of Electronic equipment) then out to the Marina ..... out of my League, boat wise, then down to Level 1 which I found the most interesting with Boats more in my price range and a bit of Tackle thrown in.

I first saw these and thought ... wow. Twin 325HP

IMG_5858.thumb.jpeg.3e6811d696df283211f81a7abfcdc8d0.jpeg

Then out to the Marina. Quad 425HP Yikes.

IMG_5859.thumb.jpeg.be538992adc5adb669f602a79fe875a6.jpeg

THEN ......... the 600HP.  Unfortunately the photo doesn't do it justice. It was a behemoth of a thing.

IMG_5860.thumb.jpeg.ad9d3959078086c1003e6a34dcd3a4a5.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noelm said:

Yep, saw the Mercury 600HP, I asked a couple of exhibitors if they knew where Deckee was and they said no, I didn't open the magazine they gave you, turns out it has a map in it......caught the train up, light rail to Haymarket, it all went easy enough, the light rail is pretty slow and clunky, but saved trying to park. Is there a parking station close by these days?

Noel, the car park holds 800 cars I got there at 10.30am and it was almost chock a block full, about 20 spaces left when I parked

I left a little after 2pm and it cost $44 for the parking.

I would not have been able to walk from the station to the venue and back again.

Next best plan would be to train to Circular quay then ferry to Wattle Bay.

Frank

• Sad 1

The walk from the light rail station is probably a good 10 minutes I guess, but we (had my 16 year old grandson) stopped for some early lunch before we went in, I used to park in the big multi storey car park but the pulled it down (somI was told) didn't look to see if was there.

2 hours ago, frankS said:

For any other Fishraiders that want to catch up with the deckee stand it is in level 4 600 good boating safety zone.

Getting around and finding where anything is at the show is just about impossible without a show guide which is free with your ticket.

I met up with Gordon ( Blackfish ) and we had a real good chat. Unfortunately all the walking and standing around played havoc with my energy level and I had to call it quits and come home earlier then I would have liked.

Had a good tongue wag with the Deckee guys.

Noel sorry I missed you.

Did you see the 600 HP Mercury V12 verado ? .

Frank

Thanks for letting raiders know where to find the info on where the Deckee Stand is in their show guide. Hope you asked them about your issues with the app. 

On 7/30/2022 at 2:51 PM, AlbertW said:

Anyone see the hobie stands? I’m looking forward to buying a hobie tomrrow 

Did you get one ? I have two here Im selling for a friend, both mirage outbacks, top of the range.

i didn't see Frank at the Deckee stand. I wonder around for a bit. I had a go in a kayak in the pool and ended up with a sore knee a bit later. I'm guessing football has really killed them. Saw ET with his big boat and RAM. Had a great chat with a guy on the marina about zipwakes. He put them on his 4.8m tinny and really loves them. I got a new reel that I didn't need and an airport priced coffee and pie. Other than that, I didn't really see too much that I wanted. I didn't see a suzuki stand as I'm interested in replacing my 90ETEC with a 4stroke to see if it will help me with my seasickness. The Mercury's are still towards the top of the list, but maybe after zipwakes!

ET.jpg.6f32af7af39b51777df6fb3c9ad4a6ba.jpg 

54 minutes ago, antonywardle said:

i didn't see Frank at the Deckee stand. I wonder around for a bit. I had a go in a kayak in the pool and ended up with a sore knee a bit later. I'm guessing football has really killed them. Saw ET with his big boat and RAM. Had a great chat with a guy on the marina about zipwakes. He put them on his 4.8m tinny and really loves them. I got a new reel that I didn't need and an airport priced coffee and pie. Other than that, I didn't really see too much that I wanted. I didn't see a suzuki stand as I'm interested in replacing my 90ETEC with a 4stroke to see if it will help me with my seasickness. The Mercury's are still towards the top of the list, but maybe after zipwakes!

ET.jpg.6f32af7af39b51777df6fb3c9ad4a6ba.jpg 

Anthony. If you had of id'ed yourself to the deckee guys they would have taken you to where I was from about 12.30 to about 2pm.

Blakes marine had Suzuki motors.

Shame we didn't catch up.

Frank

Edited by frankS