Jew Night

Outnumbered

ok it looks like there is enough interest in the night, proposed details are:

Saturday 18th feb

5pm start

meeting place is still up in the air so make a suggestion (maybe the beach at the kogarah bay ramps?)

so post up here if your in.

if your a boatie looking for company or a deckie looking for a ride post that up too and we'll see if we can get everyone out after the big silver beasts.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woot! :thumbup:

i am looking forward to getting spooled!

We at Fishraider dont get spooled :074: we just release em after they take all our line :yahoo:

Looking forward to meeting you on the night as well Sammy :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

starting to get a few people turning up for this one, it will be good to meet all the newer members and those i haven't met yet :thumbup:

if you guy's could let us know if you have a boat or need a ride it will help us get everyone out there.

if you have a boat with room for a deckie i'm sure we can fill empty spots for you. :thumbup:

sugest a meeting place if your not happy with the kogarah bay ramp beach area.

im bringing a mate who has the boat,its only 4.1mtres so with two of us

on board there isnt much room left.is the ramp where meeting at the one

just before tom uglys bridge.

will be good to meet you guys :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

are we all fishing the same location or we are going where we want.

just asking cos till now i still havent got a jewie by the bridges yet.and

me mate and i have gone out a few times with no much luck.hopefully

some one will put us on a good spot.

well i will see you guys on sat nite next week.

till then tight lines :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Hi one and all-

finally I have the chance to visit the site again!

sorry to hear about all the jewfish woes. Most of the fishers I deal with on a regular basis are doing alright, so it must just be by chance that some of you are having a hard time. I've heard of catches dropping off in mid-late summer before, though unfortunately I cant say why.......

THis would be a great chance to collect samples though, so any of you that keep your catch, please retain the heads/guts&frames and email me at mulloway@unsw.edu.au. so we can come and pick them up.

If its an absolute monster, then just the heads and guts is fine, unless you have a coffin to store them in.

Good luck to one and all!

Cheers,

Matt

Uni of NSW

PS - Am speaking on High Tide 2KY this Sunday at 6.30am if you want to tune in- :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

im bringing a mate who has the boat,its only 4.1mtres so with two of us

on board there isnt much room left.is the ramp where meeting at the one

just before tom uglys bridge.

will be good to meet you guys :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

are we all fishing the same location or we are going where we want.

just asking cos till now i still havent got a jewie by the bridges yet.and

me mate and i have gone out a few times with no much luck.hopefully

some one will put us on a good spot.

well i will see you guys on sat nite next week.

till then tight lines :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

yep its the ramps on the northern side, they are shallow so you might want to launch at tom ugly's.

the only reason i suggested there as a meeting place is that it has a reasonable amount of beach area to pull up to so we can all say G'day and discuss tactics.

if anyone knows another spot to meet up at then fire away.

i think everyone will be fishing where they please, i'm keen to fish the bridge but might also try baldface point or jewfish point. we will have our 27meg radio on channel 96 so if anyone hits a hot spot i expect a call :1prop:

yep its the ramps on the northern side, they are shallow so you might want to launch at tom ugly's.

the only reason i suggested there as a meeting place is that it has a reasonable amount of beach area to pull up to so we can all say G'day and discuss tactics.

if anyone knows another spot to meet up at then fire away.

i think everyone will be fishing where they please, i'm keen to fish the bridge but might also try baldface point or jewfish point. we will have our 27meg radio on channel 96 so if anyone hits a hot spot i expect a call :1prop:

hi all, im in for sure looking forward to it, i will be launching at kyeemagh boat ramp brighton beach sounds good to meet look forward to meeting u all there

start list so far

Buster1

jay / mate

fishn4fun /Sammy0884

swordfisherman/mrs swordfisherman

Outnumbered/mrs Outnumbered/crazedfisherdude

quinfish/his brother

mr liaison

jewie hunter (later start)

Tunofun / Sharky

looking for a ride

BBM Rick

ozeash

rus_cb

if you can believe 7 day forcasts it looks like the winds will be kind so it should be a good night.

there are still 3 people looking for rides so if you have a spot pm one of them and hook up some company.

Edited by Outnumbered

we will be launching at sylvania ramp.will come over to meeting place

to meet everyone and say gday,so when you see the silver tinnie coming over that will be me mate and i in his boat,dont think he has a radio on board so keeping intouch during the night might be

difficult for us.

the ferry wharf at sans souci is a good place to get live yakkas.

Im a little bit confused as to what beach we are meeting at once you enter the bay which side will it be is it the western shore or eastern shore, ive never been to botany before, im hoping ill have a radio thats if some one on this website has one for sale at a reasonable price. :1prop: