Jew Night

Outnumbered

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it should be a great night.

Hope my sounder is fixed by then, going in for a look on Thursday and picking up on Saturday.

If not i might have to follow some one to one of the jewie holes as i might be fishing blind :thumbdown::thumbdown:

we are in the same position.my mates boat who im going with has the

same problem.so if u follow us it would be like the blind leading the blind :tease::tease::tease:

Edited by jay

Hi All,

Put me down as Tentative (need the wife’s permission. I'll ask tonight).

This will be my 1st fishraider social event.

I'll be on white half cabin 5.5 Caribbean

I'll probably head out to the E FAD 1st light (if weather permits) Mahi Mahi where there last Sat

I'll be launching from Bonnet Bay (near Woronora)

I'll be tunned into channel 96 on the 27M and my callname is "Choteo"

Happy fishing....

Sounds like it should be a great night.

Hope my sounder is fixed by then, going in for a look on Thursday and picking up on Saturday.

If not i might have to follow some one to one of the jewie holes as i might be fishing blind :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Hey, i saw 'tun'o'fun' this afternoon at Hunts! looks like a cool boat!

i was checking out some of the 2nd hand quinnies

ahhh wind and rain........perfect

as my dad says if it's bad for man it's good for fish.

and after a few :beersmile: the weather seems to calm down anyway.

we still have a few guy's looking for a ride, if anyone has a spare spot let them know so we can get everyone out there. (i can personally vouch for one of them as first class company on a boat)

if anyone thats going doesn't make it to the meet make sure you find me on the water if you fish different waterways, i have a few factory seconds that will help you find your way around. (unfortunately i'm all out of botany bay at the moment)

looking forward to meeting everyone and getting a few fish :yahoo:

Edited by Outnumbered

Looks like we are going to get a little tickle - up from a southerly change tomorrow nite :05: .Hope we get a few JEWS :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

no good for us,we are on a tinnie with little cover :1badmood: ,ah well if i get a nice jewie

it will be all worth it. :thumbup:

Guest BBM Rick

Got a ride with a mate and we went to Port Hacking. Just as it started to rain, boom.... a freight train hit my squid strip!! Now I have never caught, or chased a jew, so I dont know if that is what I had, cos after 35min, the leader pulled out (improved albright knot). From what ihave read and heard, I am sure it was a very, very large jew. It pulled like a train, ran about 90m (coloured braid gives me an idea), and every time i got it to within 20m, bang bang bang, away he would go again with a massive tail thump. 1 second of impatience on my part i reckon cost me a look at this fish and I am devastated. But I tell ya what, it will not happen again, i learnt my lesson.... we did manage a metre long Hammerhead though.

Rick.

Edited by BBM Rick

MRS OUTNUMBERED (Who I am assuming is catching up on some shut eye right now)

6:30am - AWWW MY GAWD!!!

I am assuming Mr and Mrs Swordfisherman did the same? lol.

Well done guys for making the effort.

Look forward to the reports.

Cheers

Ditto. Hope you got at least one. BBM Rick - WOW! Shame you lost that fish! A metre-long hammerhead isn't bad, though. Did you fish inside or outside Port Hacking?

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Hi All,

The evening started off well. At 5pm we met at the designated spot. Soon it was to be a cast of 1000's.

Roll call included Outnumbered and MrsOutnumbered and rus_cb, Jay and mate, Sammy0884 and fishin4fun, choteo and wife Sylvia and 21mth old son Lucas, TonOfFun and Sharky and mate Ben, stevefish, yours truly and swordfisherman (forgive me if I have forgotten anyone, pm me plz)

On the water we met up with wakd and kikila and buster1.

We made plans as we stood on the beach like soldiers ready for the assault on the Jewfish population :074: .

Sharky decided that he would need some sort of lure, he had no bait at all and took off to the tackle shop. Others keenly checked out each others boats and rods etc.

After the obligatory bs session :gathering: about what was to be caught and where (SECRET SPOTS) :1yikes: we headed off in all directions. Contact was to be made via 27 meg or mobile phone.

We went out to the CC bridge and flogged the water for about and hour and a half with no result. Judging by the phone calls no one else was having any luck either. The storms looked like they were about to wreck a good night so we pulled the pin and came home.

As we left we said bye to all the boats in our vacinity. When we arrived back at the Oatley boat ramp we met up with quinfish and his brother John who were just on their way out after dealing with some boat probs.

A BIG WELCOME to another female. Choteo's wife Sylvia and their 21 month old son Lucas joined in last night and showed they are worthy fishraiders. Fishraider's youngest member was seen wielding his rod like an old pro

A couple of shots of members follow (apologies for the poor quality). Brian and Teri took some pics also and I am sure they will post soon (after sleep) to let us know about the night's events. These Trojans stayed out all night and here's hoping it was fruitful for them.

Thank you to Brian and Teri for organising the evening from us all, excellent job.

post-869-1140302885_thumb.jpg

rus_cb, MrsOutnumbered and Outnumbered

post-869-1140303241_thumb.jpg

fishin4fun and Sammy0884

post-869-1140303273_thumb.jpg

buster1 and kikila

Hey, that looked like a lot of fun guys......I'm sorry I get to miss out on these social days/nights

Welldone to Brian and Teri

.....Rick too bad you lost that fish mate.........next time eh?

Boy how many times have I said that to myself :wacko:

It was great meeting everyone last night and has us looking forward to the entrance social even more now.

on the fishing side of it i supose it's fair to say that the night was a failure with us getting only one run on an xxl squid up at jewfish point. so about 10pm we decided to stick our nose out into the bay proper and see what the conditions were like.

with a brilliant light show going off to the south, north and west we headed for the third runway but there was absolutely nothing showing on the sounder so it was straight up to moll point where we anchored up in the rain to try our luck.

after a couple of hours of seeing fish everywhere on the sounder (mostly yaka's but alot of bigger fish amongst them) but nothing of note comming aboard the wind picked up and the anchor slipped so we decided to just go with it.

while Rus was in the cabin getting something from his bag i looked over at his rod and the tip was nearly in the water, so a quick shout of your'e on gets rus to work and the end result was one of the healthiest and fattest 65cm lizard i have ever seen.

while we were watching rus battle the beast on the deck of the boat and having a laugh about his timidness when handleing big lizards we didn't see a channel marker comming up on us rapidly, when Teri noticed it i had just enough time to start up and go full throttle in reverse at full lock and missed it by millimeteres.

we ended up back over at moll point and soaked a livie and other baits for a few hours for no joy then the wind really picked up and we pulled the pin.

rus has been out with us twice now on his first trip he pops his cherry on kings (only fish caught on the day) and on his second trip he nails a new PB by a huge margin on flatty's (only decent fish caught on the day) so while the trips haven't been a success for us you couldn't wipe the smile off his face with a meat axe.

thanks for the great company rus.

bring on the entrance :yahoo::yahoo:

oh by the way

does someone think i need to change the message on my phone ?????

Edited by Outnumbered

my computer died on friday and i'm using my daughters bare bones computer so i'll have to get teri to post the pic's (if she ever gets up).

and yes, my camera took on some water and also decided to go on strike so its now laying in peices on the coffee table while i feverishly perform CPR on it.

Guest BBM Rick

Im still devestated....I'm not sure i will get over it :mad3:

I have re-lived this battle over and over in my mind, and if there is a positive to come from this at all( there ALWAYS is if you look hard enough), it is that i learned a valuable lesson in patience, and hopefully, my skills will improve as a result.

buggerbuggerbuggerbugger :1badmood:

I have re-lived this battle over and over in my mind, and if there is a positive to come from this at all( there ALWAYS is if you look hard enough)

Bad luck losing the fish mate but I would be taking a look at the knot you were using on your leader. Maybe having a think about the whole rig you used ? Could you have used a double for strength instead of a heavier leader?

Anyway what a fine looking bunch of people in the pics. Sounds like some fun was had even if the Jews were a bit scarce.